codcheeky
June 24, 2022, 11:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It’s great news without doubt although you might be doing Ben Fox a bit of a disservice. He played several games in the McAtee role which was well outside his comfort zone, and, having watched the playoff games back, I’m in no doubt that Fox was the reason we got over the line.

I do not doubt or am I trying to belittle the role Fox played in any way.  However your defence of Fox seems to be his lack of versatility and discomfort in the McCatee role, which only highlights the value of Clifton’s versatility. In just comparing the number of games each started there can be little doubt that Clifton had more influence over the season. I am sad to see Fox leave but without wanting to curse either player I would be very surprised if he makes anywhere near the number of first team appearances as Clifton next season
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
forza ivano
June 24, 2022, 11:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
the other point that hasn't been made is that HC is an improving player. He is far better now than the enthusiastic 'young pup' we saw after Jolley had given him his chance. His passing (albeit from a woefully low base) has improved now end, and under Hurst he has stepped up to another level. Last season saw him add another string to his bow with his goalscoring record.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
toontown
June 25, 2022, 12:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from forza ivano
the other point that hasn't been made is that HC is an improving player. He is far better now than the enthusiastic 'young pup' we saw after Jolley had given him his chance. His passing (albeit from a woefully low base) has improved now end, and under Hurst he has stepped up to another level. Last season saw him add another string to his bow with his goalscoring record.

This
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clifton staying

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.