Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › League Two: Transfer Window 2022–23
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 196 Guests

League Two: Transfer Window 2022–23

This thread currently has 11,107 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
June 21, 2022, 1:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,323
Gold Stars: 196
Danny Hylton to Northampton. They're definitely splashing a bit of cash this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
Poojah
June 21, 2022, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from Son of Cod
Danny Hylton to Northampton. They're definitely splashing a bit of cash this season.

33 now but that’s a great signing for them.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
forza ivano
June 21, 2022, 2:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
couple of interesting managerial appointments Kevin Betsy moving up from Arsenal Under 23s to take over at Crawley; and at the other end of the experience scale, Paul Hartley, who's had great success at Cove Rangers, has joined Hartlepool

And just seen Swindon have appointed their no. 2, Scott Lindsay, to the top job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
Surrey97
June 21, 2022, 6:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 20
Luke Molyneux has joined Doncaster from Hartlepool. And they’ve also signed George Miller who was on loan at Walsall last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
Son of Cod
June 21, 2022, 7:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,323
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah

33 now but that’s a great signing for them.

Yeah I can't imagine they'll get anywhere near 46 starts out of him but he was a very effective option off the bench for a Luton side who were just in the playoffs in the second tier so find the right balance between that and starts and they'll have one of the best strikers in the division you'd have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
Mariner_09
June 21, 2022, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Son of Cod

Northampton must be among the early favourites to go up. Seem to be spending oodles of cash and Hylton is certainly an eye catching name.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
Mariner_09
June 22, 2022, 7:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Richie Smallwood, briefly linked with us, has signed for Bradford on a 2 year contract. Suspect they’ll be among the top favourites to go up.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
Poojah
June 22, 2022, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
That’s a good signing for Bradford. Smallwood must be pushing five figures a week.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
TheultimateMariner
June 22, 2022, 9:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Looks as though Bradford and Northampton are making a real go of it this year. Obviously nothing's won on paper (as we've seen) but you've got to think they'll most likely be making up 2 of the top 3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
GtfcGarner
June 23, 2022, 6:49am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from TheultimateMariner
Looks as though Bradford and Northampton are making a real go of it this year. Obviously nothing's won on paper (as we've seen) but you've got to think they'll most likely be making up 2 of the top 3

Bradford have done it for years signing bigger named players on higher wages and it’s got them absolutely nowhere..Gone for a huge name in Mark Hughes as manager who by all means was an amazing player but from his recent jobs suggests has a footballing brain the size of a pea.

Northampton also have made a few statement signings, I don’t think for one minute that Ben Fox wasn’t offered greatly improved terms and a good good wage at Grimsby but if someone else comes and blows you out of the water for stupid money it’s a no brainier for me.. Like others have said Fox was a mammoth in the playoffs and went onto levels we haven’t seen regularly in a town shirt from him. Big occasion that he stood up and was counted? Maybe so, I would have loved to keep him but not irreplaceable. Danny Hylton is a big name at this level and will no doubt get a few but how many games can his body last.. Not been used regularly by Luton past 2 years.

I trust in Hurst, probably end up with players on the back of an average season that some of us may raise an eyebrow at. But ultimately will have good traits and he’s studied them for some time, we are in a much better position now than we was coming back up last time. I’m not too fussed we aren’t signing players by the bucketload.. He will do what’s necessary to get the right characters through the door. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › League Two: Transfer Window 2022–23

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.