Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 354 Guests

Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.
I got a ticket - I was happy the way they were sold (15 votes)
20.83%
I got a ticket - They could have been sold fairer. (8 votes)
11.11%
I did not get a ticket - I was happy the way they were sold (11 votes)
15.28%
I did not get a ticket - They could have been sold fairer. (8 votes)
11.11%
I did not want a ticket - I was happy the way they were sold (19 votes)
26.39%
I did not want a ticket - They could have been sold fairer. (11 votes)
15.28%
72 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.

This thread currently has 2,114 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
May 25, 2022, 11:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Interested on your views over how tickets were sold today.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Son of Cod
May 25, 2022, 11:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
I did not even contemplate trying to get a ticket - Not a ST holder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Poojah
May 25, 2022, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Got my tickets but certainly lessons to be learned and room for improvement. The online system, as it stands, cannot adequately handle the surge in demand seen for the last two games, so that needs improving as a minimum.

In terms of fairness, whilst the level of demand versus supply is high right now, it’s not unprecedented or entirely unpredictable. Season tickets should always be the number one priority metric, but where there’s still nowhere near enough to go around a loyalty system based on away travel needs to be utilised.

Admittedly I’ve only made it to 5 or 6 away games this season. If there are people who have missed out who have been to 15+ away games it seems harsh and unfair on them.

Not having a go at the club, but sometimes some constructive feedback is necessary. As and when a similar situation arises in the future, we can’t be having this problem again.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
thornemariner
May 25, 2022, 12:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +596
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Poojah
Got my tickets but certainly lessons to be learned and room for improvement. The online system, as it stands, cannot adequately handle the surge in demand seen for the last two games, so that needs improving as a minimum.

In terms of fairness, whilst the level of demand versus supply is high right now, it’s not unprecedented or entirely unpredictable. Season tickets should always be the number one priority metric, but where there’s still nowhere near enough to go around a loyalty system based on away travel needs to be utilised.

Admittedly I’ve only made it to 5 or 6 away games this season. If there are people who have missed out who have been to 15+ away games it seems harsh and unfair on them.

Not having a go at the club, but sometimes some constructive feedback is necessary. As and when a similar situation arises in the future, we can’t be having this problem again.

I buy PL away tickets when my turn comes. Despite the  demand I'm in and out of the system in less than a minute. That's at Brentford where the ticketing system used to be much worse than Town's. To be fair, fans aren't getting stiffed by 1200 allocations.

I'm sorted. We got two out of the four we'd hoped for via linked accounts. If I'd had to rely on my luck I wouldn't be going.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
marinernige
May 25, 2022, 1:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
It is what it is, if a prem or club with say 15/20000 season tickets holders we're in our situation, they'd get no more than us. The Club couldn't win whatever they did, people have to accept we only got 1,200 tkts. so not everyone who wanted one could get one. My mate was at the club at six this morning so he could get a tkt.  I know a trust board member who couldn't get one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
thornemariner
May 25, 2022, 1:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinernige
It is what it is, if a prem or club with say 15/20000 season tickets holders we're in our situation, they'd get no more than us. The Club couldn't win whatever they did, people have to accept we only got 1,200 tkts. so not everyone who wanted one could get one. My mate was at the club at six this morning so he could get a tkt.  I know a trust board member who couldn't get one.

Fans in the PL and Championship have to deal with this all the time but I do think we need to have a loyalty scheme. More points for distance travelled to games etc. That might have left me on the cusp today but I think it is fairer. No system is perfect. I've done over half of the away games this season.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
DaleGTFC
May 25, 2022, 1:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +79
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from thornemariner

Fans in the PL and Championship have to deal with this all the time but I do think we need to have a loyalty scheme. More points for distance travelled to games etc. That might have left me on the cusp today but I think it is fairer. No system is perfect. I've done over half of the away games this season.

Dam :/

We've done Torquay, Stockport, Chesterfield and a few other away games this season but I'd be well up for a loyalty system based on how many away games you've been to. My friend hasn't been to an away game all season and queued up since 5 in the morning. You deserve to be there more than him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
crusty ole pie
May 25, 2022, 2:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from thornemariner

And what incentive is there to buy a season ticket if it does not guarantee you first dabs on away tickets, these tickets are usually purchased before fixtures are out yet we blindly buy them with the knowledge that family / work commitments will mean any savings you may make is generally lost. So without this incentive the club would lose valuable money paid during the close season when there is no income coming in.
Of course if you are unfortunate not to get your hands on one you have every right to feel disappointed but this is really a once in 10 year situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
thornemariner
May 25, 2022, 2:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from DaleGTFC

Dam :/

We've done Torquay, Stockport, Chesterfield and a few other away games this season but I'd be well up for a loyalty system based on how many away games you've been to. My friend hasn't been to an away game all season and queued up since 5 in the morning. You deserve to be there more than him.

I actually got one thanks. My friend's internet connection held up better than mine. We're linked so we were sorted but the other two I was trying to get via a link didn't come off. My friend has generously given his to someone who travels from London for home games.

The system I use elsewhere gives points based on the distance from the home club. I got 50 for Leeds and Newcastle apiece and 35 for Everton and Man Utd. While they are closer to me, the downside is its a long way for me for home games!

Only missed one Town home game as well. Its been brilliant.

My best awaydays have been Town games too. No question about that! We all want our clubs to progress as far as possible but the PL isn't all its cracked up to be.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
thornemariner
May 25, 2022, 2:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from crusty ole pie

And what incentive is there to buy a season ticket if it does not guarantee you first dabs on away tickets, these tickets are usually purchased before fixtures are out yet we blindly buy them with the knowledge that family / work commitments will mean any savings you may make is generally lost. So without this incentive the club would lose valuable money paid during the close season when there is no income coming in.
Of course if you are unfortunate not to get your hands on one you have every right to feel disappointed but this is really a once in 10 year situation.

You get points for having and renewing a ST. If Town did a points system I'd hope they'd take into account the number of times you'd renewed etc. Probably fair to have a rolling number of loyalty points over say five years so everyone gets a chance to accrue them. As you say, this is a one-off but releasing them in tranches according to points might be an idea. It happens at other clubs and it works. I see loyalty points are shown on our ticketing accounts so perhaps Town are looking at this for the future.

While I am focused primarily on Town, I also have a PL ST and there were probably only three or four away PL games where I wouldn't have realistically got one. However, I have been to some far-flung games and that has really boosted my total. I had a good number anyway from over the years.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.