Poojah
May 25, 2022, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,426
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from Posh Harry
Cheers all for suggestions, much appreciated. Seems like Posh comes to town and everyone gets out of Leeds. Fair play, don’t blame you 🙂.

Also out in Headingley late doors, from about 11 onwards I would think, you any tips about places to go there for a beer with the misses (so higher class of establishment needed) would also be helpful.

Who needs google and trip advisor when you have the fishy family!!

UTFM

As above, there’s a BOX in Headingley which is also quite nice; there’s also another Head of Steam which is decent.

The most upmarket, female friendly place though is probably Manahatta. Nice spot if you don’t mind paying £12 for a cocktail.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
Poojah
May 25, 2022, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's mad how much Leeds city centre has changed in the last decade or so. That whole Trinity bit wasn't there when I lived there and I had no idea there was a Beer Hawk there and I've never even heard of these Head of Steam pubs, will check them out cheers for the headsup. It's generally changes for the better though as I'm always more impressed whenever I visit.

I moved here in 2006 and the place now is unrecognisable (in a good way). The addition of Trinity and Victoria Gate have made a huge difference, and it’s a really good night out now (not that I get out much these days).

I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to live and work in a major city but doesn’t want to move too far from BP (which is how I ended up here, and not London, in the first place). Cost of living, relatively speaking, not ridiculous either.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
Posh Harry
May 25, 2022, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's mad how much Leeds city centre has changed in the last decade or so. That whole Trinity bit wasn't there when I lived there and I had no idea there was a Beer Hawk there and I've never even heard of these Head of Steam pubs, will check them out cheers for the headsup. It's generally changes for the better though as I'm always more impressed whenever I visit.

Yeah, has been a quality night out for a good few years now but not been for a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
Posh Harry
May 25, 2022, 10:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Poojah

As above, there’s a BOX in Headingley which is also quite nice; there’s also another Head of Steam which is decent.

The most upmarket, female friendly place though is probably Manahatta. Nice spot if you don’t mind paying £12 for a cocktail.

Cheers mate. Won’t be drinking cocktails then 😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
Maringer
May 25, 2022, 10:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
A little different to my student days there a bit over 25 years ago when you didn't go into the city centre for a night out due to the risk of getting your head kicked in...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
Son of Cod
May 25, 2022, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah

I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to live and work in a major city but doesn’t want to move too far from BP (which is how I ended up here, and not London, in the first place). Cost of living, relatively speaking, not ridiculous either.  

I'm tying to persuade my missus to move up to Todmorden/Hebden Bridge way. Bit more rural but well easy to get into both Leeds and Manchester.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
Poojah
May 25, 2022, 11:46am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

I'm tying to persuade my missus to move up to Todmorden/Hebden Bridge way. Bit more rural but well easy to get into both Leeds and Manchester.

Lovely part of the world. A little prone to flooding though, so worth doing your research if you do make the move.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
livosnose
May 25, 2022, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Sophistication ? I’ve been to Leeds …..

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
Son of Cod
May 25, 2022, 12:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah

Lovely part of the world. A little prone to flooding though, so worth doing your research if you do make the move.

Yeah, that's very true. It's also horrific to drive around when it's icy. Tod seems to have a decent amount of streets relatively high up so I think that's where we'd initially be looking, but you're absolutely right about to highlight the flooding problem. To be honest getting my Kent born girlfriend to agree to it is probably the bigger stumbling block!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
ginnywings
May 25, 2022, 12:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from livosnose
Sophistication ? I’ve been to Leeds …..

That made me chuckle.

With added lard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dirty Leeds on Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.