This thread currently has 1,703 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Exiled in Leicester
May 25, 2022, 7:50am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +49
Gold Stars: 3
Have always had a lot of time for the Halifax Manager  but after last night I have changed my mind .........after Mandeville didnt get sent off he seemed to lose the plot . He was constantly whinging at the officials , shaking his head and his whole bad body language continued right through the second half . This cant have helped his team at all . Very poor
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
May 25, 2022, 7:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I’ve watched a couple of their games on bt earlier on in the season by god he’s a moaning girl private , anyway i want a town / chesterfield final would be a good crowd and I think we’ve got their number
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
promotion plaice
May 25, 2022, 8:24am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

To be fair to Wild it looked like a clear sending-off last night, surprised when the ref only gave a yellow.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
MANCMARINER
May 25, 2022, 10:02am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 2
I disagree. It was late, but it wasn’t high and his studs weren’t up, so I don’t think it would be deemed a dangerous or reckless challenge. Halifax no.3 wasn’t really injured, as evidenced by the fact that he was fine to play the remainder of the game with no discomfort. Yellow for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 25, 2022, 1:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,194
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from MANCMARINER
I disagree. It was late, but it wasn’t high and his studs weren’t up, so I don’t think it would be deemed a dangerous or reckless challenge. Halifax no.3 wasn’t really injured, as evidenced by the fact that he was fine to play the remainder of the game with no discomfort. Yellow for me.

I take your point here completely but whether the player is injured or not is irrelevant to what card they get. It's about the intent, the potential danger or recklessness of the tackle not the outcome.

You can break a player's leg and not get any card and you can get sent off without touching a player. All depends on how you went into the tackle.

For example - I thought O'Brien's tackle on Monday to get a yellow was dangerous and reckless and a red would have been justified. Because he made contact with the ball first I think he got away with it. If he'd not got the ball that tackle would have looked horrendous.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
RichMariner
May 25, 2022, 2:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
If you want to discuss inconsistencies, watch Scottish football!

I watched Arbroath's semi finals against Inverness. Neutral commentators were spitting feathers when the ref showed a second yellow to a Callie player for a lunge.

They felt it was harsh but it was a red card all day long in the Premier League!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pete Wild

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.