Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Notts Co referee (Sunny Gill) impartial assessment
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 340 Guests

Notts Co referee (Sunny Gill) impartial assessment

This thread currently has 2,894 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 24, 2022, 12:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Sunny Gill (which is also my p0rn name ironically) and team:

O’Brien on Sousa – I’m not convinced he touched Sousa but all six studs were showing, it was high, wild and uncontrolled. Excessively forceful and endangered safety. Must have been close to a red. SUBJECTIVE

Clifton yellow card – looked a fair yellow as he didn’t get the ball.  CORRECT

McAtee – cramp – correct decision to let the game continue and not stop the match  CORRECT

Taylor incident – harsh on Taylor as common sense was that the defender had more to gain from holding Taylor than vice versa. Yellow card for dissent presumably warranted. PROBABLY WRONG

Taylor disallowed goal - looked slightly over the line when Waterfall nodded it back. Difficult to tell without VAR. Probably correct

Smith ‘foul’ in lead up to penalty – Smith dallied. I don’t think the County player did enough to constitute a foul. I wouldn’t have been happy if Town would have conceded a free-kick if the roles were reversed. Correct decision CORRECT

Cropper hand ball – “A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised” – it was a penalty.  CORRECT

Smith ‘handball’ – Smith turned his back and the ball hit the back of his elbow. His elbow was by his body. Not a penalty and referee would never have given it after the first one either.  CORRECT

Clifton first ‘penalty’ appeal – not a penalty. There’s contact but not enough to warrant a penalty. Just robust defending. Correct decision.  CORRECT

Clifton second ‘penalty’ appeal – definitely a foul, albeit a soft one. Two handed shove in the back that looked to be inside the area. Should have been a penalty.  WRONG

Wootton chance when he headed it back across goal rather than towards the net - probably offside

Pearson yellow card – disgraceful decision. It was only a bit of ‘street language’

Cameron’s haircut – definitely serious foul play – red card

Verdict – 8/10

Got the two County penalty calls correct. Clifton second appeal should have been a penalty but difficult to be certain inside the box without VAR. O'Brien's tackle could have been anything from not even a free-kick (20 years ago) to a straight red.

I don't think he was that bad in hindsight
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
May 24, 2022, 12:39pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,659
Gold Stars: 135
What team does the "impartial" assessor support?  
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 24, 2022, 1:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,989
Gold Stars: 285
A couple of decisions in your assessment aren't made by the ref, they're made by the assistant eg. offsides

I thought O'Brien's challenge was two footed and he jumped into it. If he hadn't made contact with the ball first I think he'd have been in deep trouble.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
ska face
May 24, 2022, 1:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,360
Gold Stars: 824
I believe he is the son of Jarnail Singh, who used to ref us regularly in the 2000’s
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
HerveJosse
May 24, 2022, 1:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,124
Gold Stars: 134
There were two big calls that both went in our favour the second Notts penalty appeal when the ball hit Smiths arm and our possible offside second goal so I am not even thinking about criticising the officials. I would guess there are plenty of complaints on the Notts thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
TwoLeftFeet
May 24, 2022, 3:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,065
Gold Stars: 18
Tbf last night at the game I wasn't impressed at all with his performance but having watched it back today and without getting caught up in the emotion have to say Ihe did okay and got most things right...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
mimma
May 24, 2022, 3:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
The only thing I can have a little moan about was how he quickly got his yellow out for Town players. The Taylor booking was a joke, as was Waterfall and Pearson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
RonMariner
May 24, 2022, 4:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
How does it work with yellow cards? If any of our players who were booked last night get a yellow on Saturday would that rule the them out of the final?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Hagrid
May 24, 2022, 4:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from RonMariner
How does it work with yellow cards? If any of our players who were booked last night get a yellow on Saturday would that rule the them out of the final?

no
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
It Bites
May 24, 2022, 4:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
Thought the ref handled the game well tbf ...
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Notts Co referee (Sunny Gill) impartial assessment

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.