Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's a bit quiet on here today ..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 215 Guests

It's a bit quiet on here today ..

This thread currently has 4,267 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Poojah
May 23, 2022, 8:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

I'm more worried about Solihull than I am about Grimsby tbh with Neil Ardley in charge there,it would be ironic if we got beat by our previous managers next club and they went up,very much Notts style

There’s an easy way to avoid that from happening, y’know…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
jamesgtfc
May 23, 2022, 9:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01
I think, even after what I’d consider two shite defeats, there’s a level arrogance that surrounds Wrexham that won’t be a help.

I’d argue the there’s probably three teams in the playoffs nobody has really spoken or seems to care about; us, chesterfield (their form has been woeful) and Halifax. Halifax never seem to lose yet so throw in a shitty draw. At our place for a good 40 minutes we battered them and deserved more than a draw.

They’re all beatable and the luxury for us, as fans anyway, is that there’s zero pressure. This season is a huge success on the dross of previous years, we’re probably in front of our development plan and to some extent it’s a free hit. Now we’re in them nobody wants to lose but after the disaster of last year, a mid table finish would’ve been a success…

I’m relatively calm going in to it which is a first…

If Chesterfield beat Halifax then their bad form going into the play-offs suddenly counts for nothing and you have to take them seriously. Solihull in the final is my biggest fear but I think Halifax will get to the final. I was very impressed with them, yes we went at them for 40 minutes of continuous pressure but they were so disciplined at the back, it took an absolute peach of a cross at the death to equalise. They've conceded 35 goals all season (Stockport 38, Solihull 45, Grimsby and Wrexham 46).

I think whoever wins tonight will beat Wrexham on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 23, 2022, 1:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
I presume that it's nearing squeaky bum time for you lads eh?

We're too busy setting our canary traps...

[url]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-grimsby-playoffs-7115099[/url]

Should Ian Burchnall lead Notts County a step closer to the Football League with victory against Grimsby Town on Monday night, then he will no doubt want to thank an unlikely source of intelligence.

Having embarked on a recent mission to go "undercover" at their play-off quarter-final opponents earlier this month, he learned more in a taxi than he did from watching their 1-0 win over Boreham Wood. "The goalkeeping coach Tom Weal and I came back on the last train and one of the guys who got on was a Grimsby fan living in Nottingham," explains Notts' head coach.

"He was a student but there was also a guy who looked a little worse for wear. Not long after the train took off, he has fallen and clearly hurt himself. The stewards had to ring an ambulance but there was a two-hour wait so they suggested the student, Tom and I all get a taxi back.

"I told my wife that I was going behind enemy lines and said that if you don't hear from me, then I've been taken. But my battery died so this Grimsby fan actually lent me his charger. So I've ended up in a taxi with him all the way back to Nottingham, but I don't think he had a clue who I was.

"He was sat in the front so I was just asking him questions like how do you feel about your season and he was telling me all about their strengths and weaknesses. I said how do you feel about the playoffs? He said I'm happy to have County away because we've already beaten them once.

"I just said yeah, but they beat you away didn't they? He then said we were lucky! But he was saying how it was perfect for him because the game was on his doorstep and that he thought they could beat us. I was like do you think so? I'm not so sure. They play quite good football, don't they? So we're having a bit of back and forth. He didn't have a clue.

"When we got back to the train station, the poor kid had got like half-an-hour walk to get to his flat. We offered to give this Grimsby fan a lift and dropped him off at his home. It was a definite behind enemy lines mission and one I got some important intel from. I wonder if he'll sit in the stands and then look in the matchday programme and think my God, I've just told their gaffer a load of stuff about Grimsby. It was all very amusing. I think his name was 'Chalky'"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 23, 2022, 1:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291

We're too busy setting our canary traps...

[url]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-grimsby-playoffs-7115099[/url]

Should Ian Burchnall lead Notts County a step closer to the Football League with victory against Grimsby Town on Monday night, then he will no doubt want to thank an unlikely source of intelligence.

Having embarked on a recent mission to go "undercover" at their play-off quarter-final opponents earlier this month, he learned more in a taxi than he did from watching their 1-0 win over Boreham Wood. "The goalkeeping coach Tom Weal and I came back on the last train and one of the guys who got on was a Grimsby fan living in Nottingham," explains Notts' head coach.

"He was a student but there was also a guy who looked a little worse for wear. Not long after the train took off, he has fallen and clearly hurt himself. The stewards had to ring an ambulance but there was a two-hour wait so they suggested the student, Tom and I all get a taxi back.

"I told my wife that I was going behind enemy lines and said that if you don't hear from me, then I've been taken. But my battery died so this Grimsby fan actually lent me his charger. So I've ended up in a taxi with him all the way back to Nottingham, but I don't think he had a clue who I was.

"He was sat in the front so I was just asking him questions like how do you feel about your season and he was telling me all about their strengths and weaknesses. I said how do you feel about the playoffs? He said I'm happy to have County away because we've already beaten them once.

"I just said yeah, but they beat you away didn't they? He then said we were lucky! But he was saying how it was perfect for him because the game was on his doorstep and that he thought they could beat us. I was like do you think so? I'm not so sure. They play quite good football, don't they? So we're having a bit of back and forth. He didn't have a clue.

"When we got back to the train station, the poor kid had got like half-an-hour walk to get to his flat. We offered to give this Grimsby fan a lift and dropped him off at his home. It was a definite behind enemy lines mission and one I got some important intel from. I wonder if he'll sit in the stands and then look in the matchday programme and think my God, I've just told their gaffer a load of stuff about Grimsby. It was all very amusing. I think his name was 'Chalky'"

Splendid job Agent Chalky. Like Operation Mincemeat, but much more important......

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
Gaffer58
May 23, 2022, 3:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
The Chalky he’s talking about is our new friend from Notts, NCFC- Chalky, so anything he told their manager is only what he’s seen from BT Sports highlights show.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
ncfc_chalky
May 23, 2022, 5:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
I was feeling ok about tonight's game and confident of a close game but a Notts win until my red supporting brother in law visited and reminded me that both Forest and Mansfield are one game away from promotion and Notts are three,this season could end up much worst than just a loss in the playoffs ☹️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Cricklewoodmariner
May 23, 2022, 10:50pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +322
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
I was feeling ok about tonight's game and confident of a close game but a Notts win until my red supporting brother in law visited and reminded me that both Forest and Mansfield are one game away from promotion and Notts are three,this season could end up much worst than just a loss in the playoffs ☹️

It's a bit more lively tonight  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
GrimRob
May 23, 2022, 11:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Bad luck me duck

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 38
davmariner
May 23, 2022, 11:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
In the words of our former majority shareholder:

‘Bit quite’

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's a bit quiet on here today ..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.