Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's a bit quiet on here today ..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 266 Guests

It's a bit quiet on here today ..

This thread currently has 4,268 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
May 22, 2022, 7:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Classic Virgin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Kris2
May 22, 2022, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Nobody is worried about facing you, be more worried about becoming the Leeds of the NL by blowing it every year than what we think if I were you. Not even another scam artist roping in a former England manager trying to get North Korea to give you a line of credit will save you now.

First time you blew it in the finals, then you blew it in the semi, I guess next you'll blow it in the quarter finals, maybe you won't even make the playoffs after that.  
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
ncfc_chalky
May 22, 2022, 7:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Just when I thought that I wouldn't hook one 😂🤣😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
Poojah
May 22, 2022, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
I have to say, I’m genuinely very relaxed about things as they stand. Looking at it objectively, there are 6 teams going into this play-off campaign; 1 will get promoted, 5 won’t.

If you work on the basis we have a 50/50 chance of winning any game we enter, that works out at a chance of 12.5%, or 1 in 8 of going all the way. If you assume it’s slightly less than 50/50 given our lack of home advantage, then it probably falls somewhere between 1 in 10 to 12. Like every other side going into the play-offs, we are more likely to lose at some stage than we are to win promotion.

But that doesn’t overly concern me. To be where we are at this stage in the club’s recovery under our new ownership is an achievement in itself, and whatever happens over the next fortnight I am confident that we’ll go into next season far stronger than we did in August last year.

I’m working on the basis that should we lose at Notts County, which we may well do, then it’s not that big a deal in the scheme of things. If we do get a win at Meadow Lane tomorrow night, and anything at all beyond that, it’s just a huge, huge bonus.

Whilst I’m sure there’ll be a few nerves jangling come this time tomorrow, I can honestly say I’ve never felt so relaxed about a play-off tie in my entire life following Town. I hope the players and staff feel in a similar way; there is no pressure on us for once.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
denni266
May 22, 2022, 7:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

I didn't know that the fishing season had started yet,I was sat by the Trent myself this morning at Stoke Bardoff just relaxing and watching the world go by,sometimes the anglers come over and start chatting and they all say that the Trent is nowhere as good as it was in the past for fishing, is this local to the Trent or have the fish stocks disappeared in general,what's it like where you fish?

Your quite right  still shut untill 16 june . But you have canals that are open .. and yes i would agree not as good as it used to be . like our teams  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
denni266
May 22, 2022, 7:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
Just when I thought that I wouldn't hook one 😂🤣😂

A bite a chuck .. Didnt want you to feel unloved ; lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
ncfc_chalky
May 22, 2022, 7:43pm
Beer Drinker
Very well put Poojah,I would say that the odds on Grimsby winning are 60/40,they are playing away from home,they won the last time that we played so have nothing to fear aannddd... Notts usually intercourse up important games,both clubs need to win three games on the bounce and that's a tough ask when you are playing the top clubs in your league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Northbank Mariner
May 22, 2022, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

I didn't know that the fishing season had started yet,I was sat by the Trent myself this morning at Stoke Bardoff[b][/b] just relaxing and watching the world go by,sometimes the anglers come over and start chatting and they all say that the Trent is nowhere as good as it was in the past for fishing, is this local to the Trent or have the fish stocks disappeared in general,what's it like where you fish?

My god, I was there last week for work....at the sewage works!..bloody stank!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
Teestogreen
May 22, 2022, 7:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Excellent post Mr Poojah.
Exactly as I feel and if things don’t work out in the play offs - looking forward to the club building forward to next season.

Having said that - Town were doing fantastically well this season until the massive blip last Christmas / New Year. I hope that type of blip can be neutralised next season - whether we’re in this league or the one above.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
ncfc_chalky
May 22, 2022, 7:51pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

My god, I was there last week for work....at the sewage works!..bloody stank!..

That wasn't me honest 😂

Yeah that's where I sit,where the water flows out to the Trent near the Ferry Boat pub,tbh there's no smell just there as the wind usually takes it in the opposite direction but I know what you mean
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's a bit quiet on here today ..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.