AussieMariner
May 21, 2022, 7:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Poojah

Real funny place, Hull. You’ve got the bizarre and grating accent, obviously, but I found myself in the city centre on business not long before the pandemic.

I had an hour to kill before my train so nipped into the ‘spoons across the road, the Admiral of the Humber, for a swift pint. It was about half past two on a Tuesday afternoon and so I expected it to be dead; how wrong was I? It was absolutely mobbed; quite literally standing room only in this massive pub, fighting to get to the bar like a payday weekend Saturday night. I think the average number of teeth per person was about 5. Likewise the number of face tattoos.

Don’t get me wrong, NE Lincs is not without its problems, but Christ almighty, Hull has some serious socioeconomic issues.

I found myself in the same pub on the evening before doing the walk to BP with Jase. Just popped in for a pint and a pasta and in the 45 mins there 2 fights broke out, one on the table next to mine.
I also noticed the dental abberation you mention and I found myself wondering if it would be a good place to be a dentist. On one hand plenty of opportunities but not sure there would be a great demand for the service.
On balance I suspect that tattooist is probably the more secure profession and almost certainly held in higher regard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 51
LH
May 21, 2022, 10:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Maringer

Oh, I don't know. It would be going some to beat Newcastle or Liverpool in those stakes.

At least Liverpool has two succesful football clubs (albeit one which could be described as historically successful) and can fall back on The Beatles for cultural impact. What’s Hull got? Newcastle I’ll give you.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › City Status

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.