7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
May 21, 2022, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I was there today, York opened the scoring from a throw in that definitely wasn't theirs and was probably a Boston free kick but it was cool as you like from Lenny.

No booking for the crunching tackle on Lenny. In fact, it was a York throw and I actually thought at the time it was a good challenge. As the game wore on it became clear there would be a second goal, Boston had York penned back on their 18 yard box but York broke, Lenny wrestled for the ball, laid it off to the winger and moved to the centre of the box. Winged scored and it was a party atmosphere.

Lenny was absolutely brilliant up front for York today. Clayton Donaldson who seems to just keep playing showed lots of neat touches as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
May 21, 2022, 7:13pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,188
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Grimal
Lenny, who said he couldn't hit a cows bum with a banjo  .

He can’t at the level we need him to

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
ibmariner
May 21, 2022, 7:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +2
I was there, thought Lenny was class, looked comfortable and hard working
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
Maringer
May 21, 2022, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Much as I like Lenny, he's not been training with us for a while and Dieseruvwe and Abrahams have been doing OK, so I don't expect to see him return to the team. Of course, a couple of injuries and all bets are off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
Poojah
May 21, 2022, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,473
Gold Stars: 1,500
Lennie has scored in each of his last 5 non-league play-off matches. Is it really too far fetched to suggest that he could play a part in our play-off campaign?

He’s in form and has proven he can do it in high-stakes games. I have to say, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him on the bench in any of our next three games, should our season last that long.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
Norseman
May 21, 2022, 11:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +286
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Poojah
Lennie has scored in each of his last 5 non-league play-off matches. Is it really too far fetched to suggest that he could play a part in our play-off campaign?

He’s in form and has proven he can do it in high-stakes games. I have to say, I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him on the bench in any of our next three games, should our season last that long.

I would 😡
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
aldi_01
May 22, 2022, 3:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Hurst made it clear way back when that Lenny was one of those players, along with Macca that wouldn’t play for us again.

I’ve no issue with Lenny although regardless of this rich vain of form, he’s kinda proved he’s not at the level we need right now…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
ncfc_chalky
May 22, 2022, 10:38am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
It's staggering that York finished 28 points behind the champions and still go up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
Son of Cod
May 23, 2022, 8:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Surely it's a case of Lenny finding his level in the NLN? He was doing well for Hereford before we signed him too remember? I'm glad he's done well and got promoted with York but his performances earlier in the season were so poor they were borderline unforgivable. Manny does a similar job and has banged in 5 in 3 starts and a handful of 10 minute cameos. Considering Clifton is potentially plugging about 4 holes in our matchday squad in the event of a single injury then I don't think having another target man in contention is needed. We've got that adequately covered with Taylor, Abrahams and Manny as all are better options than Lenny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Abdul19
May 23, 2022, 9:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
It's staggering that York finished 28 points behind the champions and still go up

Not really. Playoffs, innit.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boston united

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.