Maringer
May 19, 2022, 11:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Les Brechin

Same here. One of my best friends lives in York.

York is a great place for a good night out as there are countless pubs and bars around the City.

House of Trembling Madness (the old one in Stonegate) is a favourite of mine, though negotiating the stairs down could be a bit tricky after a few beers. I've spent a few afternoons in there on my own as my wife was out going round the shops! BC (Before Children), of course. Lots of more regular pubs as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
TownSNAFU5
May 19, 2022, 11:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Professor Van-Tam is a high-profile STH for Boston United. Famous for mentioning this during his Covid briefings.  Along with his football analogies about penalties etc.  

Very ironic and sad that he missed his investiture at the Palace this week and missed Boston's playoff matches.  Because he has Covid. Doubt he will see the final live.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
aldi_01
May 19, 2022, 12:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Have the finished building Bostons yet? I remember the floodlights fell down when it was windy about a year or so ago.

Worked with a Boston fan, he was most certainly not complimentary about the new ground nor its location…

Either way, whoever comes up means another relatively near away day…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
Theimperialcoroner
May 19, 2022, 12:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from aldi_01
Have the finished building Bostons yet? I remember the floodlights fell down when it was windy about a year or so ago.

Worked with a Boston fan, he was most certainly not complimentary about the new ground nor its location…

Reffed down there the other day, one end is yet to be built but the rest of it is lovely. We’d need a bigger version though.
Location is on the A16 near Wyberton but they are building loads round there. Think if we built ours on a main road near near New Waltham perhaps it’s that sort of thing.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
denni266
May 19, 2022, 12:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Not bothered either will do  Both have great fishing venues close  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
Son of Cod
May 19, 2022, 12:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from aldi_01

Didn't we go there in pre-season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
jamesgtfc
May 19, 2022, 1:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Boston is a nice ground, their floodlight collapsed one Thursday night I think it was in bad winds. Abacus Lighting who supplied it took it back and replaced it. All parties are very lucky nobody was around at the time.

Parking is a bit of an issue when there is a 2k crowd though.

I'm at York v Boston on Saturday, 7500 sell out after 1000 seats were removed from sale after damage fans caused in the Quarter Final.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
TownSNAFU5
May 19, 2022, 3:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
The Shop is expected to miss the final with a thigh strain.  He injured this stretching to score a goal.  He has 2 goals in the playoffs. York will miss him.

Interest in the game is high, and is being live-streamed for £10.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
GYinScuntland
May 19, 2022, 10:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Les Brechin

Same here. One of my best friends lives in York.

York is a great place for a good night out as there are countless pubs and bars around the City.

Really? We've never usually made it passed 6pm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
ginnywings
May 19, 2022, 10:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer

House of Trembling Madness (the old one in Stonegate) is a favourite of mine, though negotiating the stairs down could be a bit tricky after a few beers. I've spent a few afternoons in there on my own as my wife was out going round the shops! BC (Before Children), of course. Lots of more regular pubs as well.

Cracking hostelry is that, though the new one is good too. Both in old and interesting buildings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boston united

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.