This thread currently has 1,925 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 15, 2022, 10:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Anything from here is a bonus if you ask me.

Maybe a season too early but you've got to be in it to win it, come on Town.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
mimma
May 16, 2022, 12:30am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, didn't we beat them at their place?

In a one off game anything can happen, dodgy penalty, red card, etc. Let's hope that the players are more confident than you are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
BeijingMariner
May 16, 2022, 1:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from mimma

In a one off game anything can happen, dodgy penalty, red card, etc. Let's hope that the players are more confident than you are.

Completely agree. And as for possibly meeting Wrexham further down the line all the pressure will be on them.
UTM!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
AdamHaddock
May 16, 2022, 4:11am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from mimma

Yes but we are normally on the recieving end!

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
DB
May 16, 2022, 5:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from mimma

We play well away from home against good sides and thats who's left in the play offs. We have nothing to fear, the return to the EFL is in our hands.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 16, 2022, 7:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Let the fun begin. A maximum of 2000 tickets according to their website. Though am sure they had nearer 3000 chesterfield there

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Kris2
May 16, 2022, 3:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from DB

We play well away from home against good sides and thats who's left in the play offs. We have nothing to fear, the return to the EFL is in our hands.

It's why having to play Notts County and Wrexham is much better. Hurst's sides have always done better against teams that try to play football against us and less well against teams that use park the bus then counter tactics or play dirty by roughing players up. We have a 1 win and 1 loss record against both of them this season but the games they won were narrow and I don't think they deserved to win on the balance of the game.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
RichMariner
May 16, 2022, 3:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Yeah, it's nice to go into the play-offs this time as underdogs. The pressure doesn't feel as great.

Each play-off venture last time we were down here was pressure. Two seasons finishing 11th just built up the frustration (as did two consecutive semi-final defeats, and a final defeat on pens) so by the time it came to the Braintree & Forest Green games in 15/16 we were all pretty frustrated and desperate!

Hence the 'Hurst Out' banner and the ear-cupping.

There isn't one Town fan out there that isn't desperate for us to make an immediate return to the EFL but at least the general vibe from us is a measured one. Realistic about our chances while also acknowledging that there have been loads of positive things happening off the pitch this season that will stand us in good stead for a proper crack at promotion next season if we're not successful this season.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
ncfc_chalky
May 16, 2022, 6:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
If Grimsby beat Notts then I would want Wrexham to get promoted purely because it's getting harder and harder to get out of the NL,gone are the days of this league being full of part timers and past their prime pros and Wrexham probably have the biggest budget of any of us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
jamesgtfc
May 16, 2022, 7:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
If Grimsby beat Notts then I would want Wrexham to get promoted purely because it's getting harder and harder to get out of the NL,gone are the days of this league being full of part timers and past their prime pros and Wrexham probably have the biggest budget of any of us

I think all of the play-off teams want that if their team gets knocked out. Oldham and Scunthorpe aren't likely to offer much threat and whilst I imagine the northern teams coming up will be better than Dover, I think they will spend most of the season looking behind them rather than ahead of them. Can't comment on the southern teams but we would have to fancy our chances if Wrexham went up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County away in the play-offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.