Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano
I'd rather we were looking at these sort of players rather than a 34 year old

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-north/top-scorers

I agree, and I posted a similar thread back in January.

But although some of them may be freescoring in the lower leagues, when they have made the step up to League teams, their scoring record has plummeted. Three big scorers in the first half of the season were as follows:

Luke Charman scored 12 in 16 games for Darlo, moved to Rochdale and has scored 2 in 19 games
Marcus Carver scored 12 in 17 for Southport, moved to Hartlepool and has scored none in 17 games
Callum Powell scored 11 in 19 for Kettering, moved to Southend and has scored 2 in 16 games

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
HertsGTFC
May 13, 2022, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Remember when Connell came back?

Yes and it was very easy to forget as well!

At this level Podge could do a job for lots of reasons and plenty of right ones it won’t be for us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
jamesgtfc
May 14, 2022, 12:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190

I agree, and I posted a similar thread back in January.

But although some of them may be freescoring in the lower leagues, when they have made the step up to League teams, their scoring record has plummeted. Three big scorers in the first half of the season were as follows:

Luke Charman scored 12 in 16 games for Darlo, moved to Rochdale and has scored 2 in 19 games
Marcus Carver scored 12 in 17 for Southport, moved to Hartlepool and has scored none in 17 games
Callum Powell scored 11 in 19 for Kettering, moved to Southend and has scored 2 in 16 games

I see people are hoping we sign Danny Elliott from Boston who has good season and scored just shy of 30 goals this season. At least 10 of those are from the spot. Like Glen Taylor at Spennymoor I think he has a decent job so he's probably a tough one to get.

Cedwyn Scott at Gateshead looked quality when I saw him earlier this season but I do take it with a pinch of salt because Harry Cardwell looked absolutely class for Chorley last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
RexFannies
May 14, 2022, 1:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Scunthorpe are very keen to build a team around him apparently

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Padraig Amond

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.