Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from supertown

Speak for yourself

100% positive of promotion from the start of the season and still am

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 69
RonMariner
May 10, 2022, 9:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,005
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Pedantic……. Sunday 🫣

A point on Saturday and three on Sunday would secure 5th.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 69
lukeo
May 10, 2022, 9:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Providing we don't get thumped in the first game of the play offs, I feel this has been a good first season back whatever happens from now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 69
chaos33
May 10, 2022, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Huge credit and thanks to the owners and management  and players. Great effort. Whatever happens now, we have done really well this season. Under this regime, we will be progressive. Let’s stand together and go for it. UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 69
chaos33
May 10, 2022, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Oh, and as an aside - Shaun Pearson. Legend. He encapsulates all that’s needed. What a man.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 69
RonMariner
May 10, 2022, 9:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,005
Gold Stars: 216
When we were in the league before, I think many of us thought promotion was a given, a right almost, which meant that we went into the playoffs every year expecting to win. Well I did,  At first anyway.

This time out I think many of us feel we have done really well to get into the play offs at the first attempt and any thing else is a bonus. But whatever happens in the play offs we have the basis for a very strong side for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 69
Roast Em Bobby
May 10, 2022, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from DB

100% positive of promotion from the start of the season and still am

you sure?
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1642874539/s-0/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 69
Abdul19
May 10, 2022, 10:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Good performance, should've won by more against very limited opposition.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 69
Maringer
May 10, 2022, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Good performance and I have to say that Pearson was almost faultless tonight. In fact, the defence looked really solid, albeit against opposition which looked pretty limited. Smith has really settled into the team now. Back here again on loan next season, perhaps?

Unfortunately, Sousa didn't improve in the second half - he's absolutely lacking any confidence or form at the moment and is a shadow of the player who was terrorising defences during the early stages of the season. Still, he did manage to put one on a plate for Clifton who unfortunately didn't remember to head it down.

Holohan also a bit below par today, although both he and Sousa "Kept us shape" and were disciplined in their positioning.

McAtee took his goal well, but must be kicking himself for not adding a couple more as he was clean through on several occasions but either failed to get the right sort of shot away or put it too close to the keeper. The injury didn't seem to impact him too much which is good, but it was a strange sort of a game with no argy-bargy to speak of. I don't really remember a single late or dirty challenge and the physios weren't called on at all. In a 5th Division match, this is very unusual. I actually think that it was better that McAtee was trying to avoid too much physical contact because it meant he concentrated on movement instead.

Fox very good in midfield, in the first half especially. Taylor very classy up top though he did miscontrol more than usual, but we need to get the ball into his feet to see the best of him.

My main concern is that it's a game we should have won handsomely, yet we scraped it 1-0. Too many overhit passes and crosses in attacking areas after previously good play and too many wasted chances. The story of the season, in fact, which could well be too much to overcome in the play-offs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 69
acko338
May 10, 2022, 10:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Perhaps a few players may be rested on Sunday.

Taylor must need a rest with so many elbow marks in his back.

Rest McAtee ready for the playoffs.

Let James McKeown have his last game.

Max Wright to play what could be a last game?

Where is Raikhy? Must be worth him coming back as an extra option for midfield in the play off games?

Do think both current full backs need to practice centreing from their respective wings without overhitting. I gave up counting at 10 wasted centres. Must make the attacking midfielders and strikers frustrated, as the backs' attacking approach play is making chances.

Tonight - 3 options for me for MOM - McAtee, Pearson and Fox, all immense games, with the calmness of young Smith running them close.  Hope he stays for a season long loan next season.

The hard work starts after Sunday !! No more injuries, please !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › BW Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.