Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 9,148 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 18, 2022, 5:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Onto the A17

Job done. Could have been 5 but for poor finishing. Controlled the game but with us not killing it off, always felt a bit edgy despite Kings Lynn not offering anything. They were dead on their feet and a poor side.

Mani and Abrahams ( despite scoring) showed why they arent starting, missing chances on more than 1 occasion. Amos my MOM and thought again Scannell was lively when he came on and also missed a 1 on 1

Max Wright was poor and just wasnt in the game at all.

Crowd flat, too spread out at the worst away end ive ever been in and i hope to god never have to step foot in again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Spurn boy
April 18, 2022, 5:26pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,164
Gold Stars: 26
Thankful for the 3 points and move on, too many missed chances but still 3 points. Onwards and upwards.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
pontoonlew
April 18, 2022, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
If it helps I was listening on the radio and also had no clue what was going on due to some really poor commentary. JT & Crofty never seem to have a clue what’s going on!

Didn’t sound pretty but it’s 3 points and we’re probably 2-3 wins away from the play offs now with some real momentum, just have to hope we don’t capitulate the way we did the last time McAtee was out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
wuffing
April 18, 2022, 5:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
Knackered. Have got neckache and I'm over 6 foot. Must have seen about 10 minutes of actual football. The only good thing about today is the result.

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
lukeo
April 18, 2022, 5:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Internet signal in center parcs isn't the best but I'm pretty sure we hit the post and had 3-4 cleared off the line.. But apart from that it sounded drab.
As people have said above Mani and Abrahams aren't good enough to get a team promoted.

I think PH has done well today, risked resting a few and came away with 3 points... My only concern is Mcatee, any news yet?. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
HerveJosse
April 18, 2022, 5:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,122
Gold Stars: 134
So was Hurst decision to rest 5 including3 or 4 key players good management or a big risk we just got away with
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
TAGG
April 18, 2022, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from HerveJosse
So was Hurst decision to rest 5 including3 or 4 key players good management or a big risk we just got away with

Good management I think.
We were never in much trouble without playing that well.
We had plenty of chances to win the game but didn't take them.
I left 20 minutes into the second half because of having to Crain my neck to watch anything going on, when the best view in the ground is through the window while having a urine says it all.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
barralad
April 18, 2022, 6:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
If Stockport on Friday represented a great day then this was the polar opposite. Grateful though I am that Kings Lynn provided us with enough tickets for people who wanted to go to charge £21 for what we got was simply extracting the urine.
As far as the game went we did enough to win. Kings Lynn were pretty dire. It must be hard to raise your game in such circumstances but large parts of the game had the feel of a pre-season friendly.
Defensively Town were pretty untroubled. Waterfall (who should be a shoe-in for POTY) and Smith dealt with the little the home side gave them with relative ease ably assisted by both full backs. Clifton had a good game in the middle.
Max Wright (whose inclusion surprised many present) tried hard and I'm told rattled the post first half  ( I couldn't see). He was substituted midway through the second half without perhaps giving the management team any food for thought.
It is to be hoped that Mcatees injury isn't too serious because simply put we lacked anyone with his vision and charisma. The front two of Manny D and Abrahams, whilst the latter grabbed the goal were guilty of some of the most profligate finishing seen this season particularly Manny who could/should have had at least a hat-trick. It got so bad that a large portion of the crowd behind the goal were willing Scannell (who impressed again with his trickery, ability to pick a pass and speed) to go it alone as chance after chance went begging.
Town fans joined in with the minutes applause to commemorate the passing of Lynn's captain but the combination of poor accommodation and the lack of anything to get behind coming from the pitch meant that the atmosphere was poor-so poor that we were able to hear the Kings Lynn massive's 70s retro chant of "You're just a Town full of spast*cs"...astounding in the 3rd decade of the 21st century..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
AussieMariner
April 18, 2022, 6:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from HerveJosse

I take my hat off to you HJ for finding a way to turn a victory into a failure and a reason to have a go. If only our midfielders were as creative and our forwards as persistent we’d be nailed on for promotion.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
barralad
April 18, 2022, 6:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Admin please merge.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.