ginnywings
April 9, 2022, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah
We’re a point further ahead of the chasing pack than we were before the game, with one less game to catch-up.

I’d file it under “missed opportunity” but also “not the end of the world”.

True, but Dagenham gained 2 points on us and are as inconsistent as we are, so only time will tell if they catch us.

Our achilles heel this season has been struggling to beat the strugglers. Aldershot and Weymouth both on losing runs until they played us. Kings Lynn taking a point off us at BP when on a poor run themselves.

Well, we didn't lose at least, and Daggers apart, the other results were mostly favourable again.

It's getting to that time of year when you get strange results. County getting battered at Torquay for instance, putting them in striking distance of us now.

I'm still looking up, rather than down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 195
Limerick Mariner
April 9, 2022, 6:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

I’d be inclined to agree with this. I’d rather not have to play either of those on their home turf. Personally I feel 7th has our name written all over it.

I still maintain that would be a decent effort in our first season down here, particularly given the standard of the league this season. Anything beyond reaching the play-offs would be a huge bonus, obviously.

I'm not so sure about Wrexham - something not quite right about them with the goals they are leaking against poor teams. Their strike force, collectively, are clearly good at being "flat track bullies" against the weaker teams (wish we had one of those) in continually scoring more than they concede (providing the ref keeps playing long enough!), but I'd hope our defence could handle them - especially with the midfield we have now in front of them. Stockport at Edgely would be very tough I agree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 195
HertsGTFC
April 9, 2022, 6:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Would people take 4 points from the next two games?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 195
ginnywings
April 9, 2022, 6:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548

Alot of teams have gone down and not made the playoffs right away, and to do it with a squad built on the fly after last seasons disaster and subsequent clearout is really impressive. Only 3 of todays squad were here last season and 8 of the players have been signed during the season. As long as we stay on course then were at least 2 seasons ahead of last time we were down here. And to be fair with a squad like this from the start, this squad must be better than our play off semi final losing seasons surely?

I agree.

Last time we were down here, Hurst and Shouty took over from Woods mid season and we finished 11th. The following season, we also finished 11th and it wasn't until mid way through the third season that we worked our way into the play off spots, which we would mostly occupy until we got promoted.

To get us where we are right now, in a much tougher league than last time and starting with the terrible squad we had, is pretty good going in my view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 195
Bristol Mariner
April 9, 2022, 6:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Mariner_501
Hurst out (at the end of the season)

Took him forever to get us out this division before and we are doing it all over again. He’s never taking us up this season as we are pretty shite and I have no faith he will any time soon. Someone else might but they have to be given the chance

Did you go today?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 195
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 9, 2022, 6:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from out of town

Theres being rational and then theres being disappointed at a subpar performance against a team we should be beating

I’m afraid non league football doesn’t work like that

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 195
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
April 9, 2022, 6:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 78
If you want consistency I would suggest supporting citeh or Liverpool, just enjoy the fact we are in the mix and it’s our local team

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 195
chaos33
April 9, 2022, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Ignore the crank 501 who says we have been ‘sh1t e’ this season and Hurst should go. Hold our nerve. This is a good team, make no mistake. Today is disappointing and similar results against equally poor opposition the same, but let’s be realistic. It happens and it happens at all levels. UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 195
Mariner_501
April 9, 2022, 7:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
We are 7th in the conference lol
There have only ever been 2 seasons in our 140(?) year history where we have finished in a lower position in the pyramid
Yeah we are amazing. Hopefully it only takes 5 years this time for Hurst to take us up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 195
HertsGTFC
April 9, 2022, 7:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Mariner_501
We are 7th in the conference lol
There have only ever been 2 seasons in our 140(?) year history where we have finished in a lower position in the pyramid
Yeah we are amazing. Hopefully it only takes 5 years this time for Hurst to take us up

What is this conference you speak of?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 195
20 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Weymouth (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.