Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aldershot Town thread, sponsored by James Wade
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 176 Guests

Aldershot Town thread, sponsored by James Wade

This thread currently has 17,222 views. Print
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
February 23, 2022, 9:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from mariner91

So Chesterfield have lost both their games since he got injured, doubling the number of games they’ve lost all season. Not a one man team though eh?

They've also had a lot go on behind the scenes. Hard to separate the 2 things, but losing a player that's scored almost half of your goals is going to affect any team.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 127
toontown
February 23, 2022, 12:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,263
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from quebec38
Because it’s a discussion forum and it’s fine to debate things? We see things differently and are in disagreement. I understand where chaos is coming from and he may do me.

The proof will be in the pudding. I think this will destroy Chesterfield’s promotion hopes the same as most, but it would do anyone if they lost their top scorer, whether he was 10 in front or 20. Hence my point of over reliance. They rely on him because he’s their best player, do they rely on him any more than Solihull rely on their two top scorers or we do McAtee? I think it’s just the same, personally.

That explanation argues against your point. Yes Halifax and grimsby have a player they rely on but we aren't top of the league are they, that position relies so heavily on the difference between tshimanga being 20 goals in front of others not 10 or 5.

The replacing player at other clubs will be closer in quality to the 10 goals man he is replacing than the 25 goals man in the case of Tshimanga.

Personally I think Chesterfield will fall away from 1st spot now, as they already are, and the aim for them is to try and stay top 3 for a good playoff spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 127
quebec38
February 23, 2022, 1:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from mariner91

So Chesterfield have lost both their games since he got injured, doubling the number of games they’ve lost all season. Not a one man team though eh?

😂 piping up after the event.

😂 so you are now holding Tshimanga responsible for Chesterfields defensive record as well?

They have played 2 games since KT broke his leg. In one they they scored 2 which is fine? but were let down at the other end and had a sending off. Granted in the other they didn’t score last night in a difficult game (against the highest spenders in the league).

They have also lost their manager and had another broken leg in the squad. BUT I get it. You really, really dislike Chesterfield. I would love to know what they ever did to you Mariner 91
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 127
jamesgtfc
February 23, 2022, 2:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,937
Gold Stars: 190
The hardest thing Chesterfield need to do right now is get into the play-offs, ideally in 2nd or 3rd place. On average they concede 1.00 goals per game and score 1.79 goals per game. Remove the goals of Tshimanga who is now injured and they score 0.96 goals per game.

An average of 15 1-1 draws would see them finish on 70 points which might not be enough for the play-offs but if they get in the play-offs they are 2 or 3 ultra-defensive displays with a scrappy goal or penalty shootout away from promotion.

In many ways, the hardest part is getting into the play-offs which is decided by merit over 44 games. The play-offs are totally different, especially now they are only one leg.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 127
mariner91
February 24, 2022, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,590
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from quebec38

😂 piping up after the event.

😂 so you are now holding Tshimanga responsible for Chesterfields defensive record as well?

They have played 2 games since KT broke his leg. In one they they scored 2 which is fine? but were let down at the other end and had a sending off. Granted in the other they didn’t score last night in a difficult game (against the highest spenders in the league).

They have also lost their manager and had another broken leg in the squad. BUT I get it. You really, really dislike Chesterfield. I would love to know what they ever did to you Mariner 91

They lost 2-0 to Wrexham who also had their top scorer unavailable. Why did Wrexham win and score twice without their top scorer? Because they're not as reliant on Mullins as Chesterfield are on Tshimanga. Like most people with a vague understanding of statistics predicted. Why wouldn't I pipe up after an event that has proved myself and others right?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 127
quebec38
February 24, 2022, 10:01am
Snakebite drinker
😂 I’m not quite sure where you’re going with this or what you want me to say here? You replied to me at the time before quickly deleting your incoherent post and left it.

You then drag this up again a fortnight later like you have concrete evidence to support that you “and others are right” about an unquantifiable claim.

That evidence by the way:
2 football matches - One, where Chesterfield scored TWO goals, all without Thsimanga. But now you claim they conceded 3 due to his absence also 😂. The second, they failed to score against the most expensively assembled squad ever to grace the English fifth division. They may well have failed to score even with Thsimanga involved?

You also seem to have forgotten that Chesterfield have had three managerial teams in charge of the side in the last month and a second broken leg in as many games. That might also have some bearing on the outcome of the matches, no?

You seem to have widely missed the point here. Please go back to the beginning of the discussion and read the words rather than wading in halfway through and getting in to an argument with yourself. But let me summarise:

I questioned and was discussing why EXTRA criticism is levelled at Chesterfield for their OVER reliance on Thsimanga. I.e. relying on him TOO much. I said I agree they rely on him, as do all clubs with their best players. Why would you spend heaps of money on someone you’re not going to or can’t rely on?
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 127
mariner91
February 24, 2022, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,590
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from quebec38
😂 I’m not quite sure where you’re going with this or what you want me to say here? You replied to me at the time before quickly deleting your incoherent post and left it.

You then drag this up again a fortnight later like you have concrete evidence to support that you “and others are right” about an unquantifiable claim.

That evidence by the way:
2 football matches - One, where Chesterfield scored TWO goals, all without Thsimanga. But now you claim they conceded 3 due to his absence also 😂. The second, they failed to score against the most expensively assembled squad ever to grace the English fifth division. They may well have failed to score even with Thsimanga involved?

You also seem to have forgotten that Chesterfield have had three managerial teams in charge of the side in the last month and a second broken leg in as many games. That might also have some bearing on the outcome of the matches, no?

You seem to have widely missed the point here. Please go back to the beginning of the discussion and read the words rather than wading in halfway through and getting in to an argument with yourself. But let me summarise:

I questioned and was discussing why EXTRA criticism is levelled at Chesterfield for their OVER reliance on Thsimanga. I.e. relying on him TOO much. I said I agree they rely on him, as do all clubs with their best players. Why would you spend heaps of money on someone you’re not going to or can’t rely on?

It is literally quantifiable. They were reliant on one player for 50% of their goals up to the point where he got injured. No other club was that reliant on a single player. They've played two and lost two since he's been injured, drawing a blank against Wrexham which was something they'd only done twice all season before that game. Any team that relies on one player for HALF their goals is overly reliant on that player and are at the mercy of them getting injured/losing form, it's not about criticising Chesterfield in particular. Your argument that they are no more reliant on Tshimanga than the other top teams were on their top scorers was daft and not backed up by the statistics. We will see how they fare without him for the rest of the season but I'd happily bet they won't be champions and may struggle to get 2nd or 3rd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 127
quebec38
February 24, 2022, 10:33am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from mariner91

It is literally quantifiable.

See, you are missing my point here. Quantify for me then at what point a team go from relying on their best goalscorer to relying on him TOO much? Where is that line drawn?

Quoted from mariner91

We will see how they fare without him for the rest of the season but I'd happily bet they won't be champions and may struggle to get 2nd or 3rd.

Not a bet you’ll take from me, because we are in agreement here which makes this all the more baffling.
Quoted from quebec38
I think this will destroy Chesterfield’s promotion hopes the same as most
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 127
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aldershot Town thread, sponsored by James Wade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.