5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Stranger in the Park
January 27, 2022, 11:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -189
Gold Stars: 7
Wait until he pulls his first"wobbler" and they will wish he only had a two month contract. My money says he won't complete his contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 27, 2022, 11:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
We can still get him on loan can't we? We can't just draw a line under his name and never speak of him again can we?

When there has been a lull in new subjects, you can guarantee the name Bogle would make an appearance at some point.

Who are we going to talk/moan about now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
HoratiusEberlin
January 28, 2022, 2:00am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 10
I wish we went on about getting Amond back with this much ferocity. He was equal parts mercurial talent plus he’d be far more likely to respect the shirt (I still can’t shake that Stevenage away game when Bogle stropped, sulked and strolled around for half the game).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
forza ivano
January 28, 2022, 7:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
We can still get him on loan can't we? We can't just draw a line under his name and never speak of him again can we?

When there has been a lull in new subjects, you can guarantee the name Bogle would make an appearance at some point.

Who are we going to talk/moan about now?

probably that Scotch eggs and Docks Beers have cost us promotion?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
It Bites
January 28, 2022, 7:41am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
And to think that nobody believed me, when I shared info that we were trying again for him.

The common opinion was that he was going nowhere, as he was getting back into the reckoning at Doncaster.

I’m a bit gutted that we didn’t secure him. As I said at the time, wasn’t sure how reliable the info was that we was trying. But he was certainly on the move somewhere.

Oh well we move on

Hey , did you know if you say Hartlepool slowly it sounds like Grimsby ..........

Define Bullying

Fenty 😂😂😂😂😂😂

FF  was right about you all
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
TAGG
January 28, 2022, 7:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Why is everyone slagging the bloke?
There are some bitter fornicators on here  
Hes a million times better than what we have, even though he's been around the block a bit now.
Would have had him here, guaranteed would have scored more goals to the end of the season than any of the players we have now.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Northbank Mariner
January 28, 2022, 8:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from TAGG
Why is everyone slagging the bloke?
There are some bitter fornicators on here  
Hes a million times better than what we have, even though he's been around the block a bit now.
Would have had him here, guaranteed would have scored more goals to the end of the season than any of the players we have now.

Would he?...like I said, going off the last 5 years performances, on paper, he's no better than what we have.
Nobody is particularly slagging Bogle off but the obsession with him has to stop.
Tbh, I'm more p!ssed we didn't get Tishmanga than not getting Bogle.
Shall we review how well he's done on May 31st compared to Macatee?.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
golfer
January 28, 2022, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
2 1/2  year deal not 3 1/2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
diehardmariner
January 28, 2022, 9:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

The common opinion was that he was going nowhere, as he was getting back into the reckoning at Doncaster.

Pretty sure the common opinion was that you were attention seeking and making up a 'rumour' with no real substance behind it, but hey ho.  Let's not split hairs.

Regarding Bogle, considering he scored a shed load of goals to help get us promoted, including 3 absolutely crucial goals in the final two games of that season and then netted us a massive windfall, there does seem a degree of animosity towards him.  Good luck to the lad.  Never got the fake rivalry with Hartlepool, hope he succeeds there.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
bedders78
January 28, 2022, 9:25am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from golfer
2 1/2  year deal not 3 1/2

A gamble for them, good for him and probably more than we were prepared to risk.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.