RichMariner
January 27, 2022, 1:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Here's a statistic for you.

We, Grimsby Town Football Club, averaged less than a goal a game across four seasons.

From the summer of 2017 to our relegation in May 2021, we scored 169 goals in 175 games (85 at home, 84 away).

This season we've scored 35 in 24, but only 8 in our last 14.

I don't want to labour the point because we all know what we need, but has there been - or is there - a club in the top five divisions of England that has been more goal-shy than us for such a sustained period of time?

Even in a season when we were top of the league, having scored 4 against Barnet and 6 against Dover, we're (once again) struggling for goals.

Edit: bizarrely, Wrexham have scored just 9 goals in 10 home games - but scored 33 in 14 away games. How odd?!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Mayaman
January 27, 2022, 3:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
I read your post and couldn't make head not tail of it.  What is a goal, I thought?  I googled the meaning: he object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.  Now, I am even more stumped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goals

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.