8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
January 28, 2022, 5:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -655
Gold Stars: 69
Another point to the hounding of PH, what player will sign any contract, be loan or 2/3 year deal if by reading comments he gets the impression that the manager is "dead man walking" and hence he might be actually playing for another manager then the one who signed him. The posts I've read could have put off prospective players signing.
Fans think that they are the "twelfth man" as they "help" the team score by putting off the opposition.
How sure are you that you are not the "twelfth man" for the opposition?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
GrimPol
January 28, 2022, 5:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Another point to the hounding of PH, what player will sign any contract, be loan or 2/3 year deal if by reading comments he gets the impression that the manager is "dead man walking" and hence he might be actually playing for another manager then the one who signed him. The posts I've read could have put off prospective players signing.
Fans think that they are the "twelfth man" as they "help" the team score by putting off the opposition.
How sure are you that you are not the "twelfth man" for the opposition?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
arryarryarry
January 28, 2022, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimPol
Well, for those calling for the Merry Go Round manager recruitment to spin ever faster, the sobering thought is that we will only recruit somebody who was sacked somewhere else or recruit from Div 6 or give a job to someone who's never held that position. Klopp, Mourinho or Guardiola won't come is my bet.
Instead of running around like Blue Bottom Fly's, let's give the man his chance, as the team started off superbly and have floundered inexplicably, so they can play if they find their Mojo again.

You do realise we got Hurst from a lower division.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
arryarryarry
January 28, 2022, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I presume they think it is better to trust the only manager who has earned us a promotion in the last 20 years than keep changing manager every time we hit a bad run of form.

Or trusting only the second manager to take us out of the Football League without a fight . (Excepting the one God knows how many years ago)
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
Roast Em Bobby
January 28, 2022, 6:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from arryarryarry

Or trusting only the second manager to take us out of the Football League without a fight . (Excepting the one God knows how many years ago)

Without a fight? He very nearly kept us up. Pep assisted by Klopp & Tuchel would have struggled to do any better in the circumstances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
January 28, 2022, 6:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from ginnywings

Can't believe you are asking what evidence there is that sticking with a manager works. The only success we have had in 2 decades is when we did just that with Hurst. First season didn't produce much, but then it was play offs every season after that.

Buckley didn't do much in his first season and neither did Slade 1. Both took a while to turn the ship round after average first seasons. Both had people calling for their heads. I think some are expecting us to waltz the league because it's not the EFL and we are 'massive'.

This league is much stronger than last time and I reckon most teams in the top half could cope in league 2.

Changing managers could well be a success, but it could just as easily leave us no better off than we are now.

Hurst made us better by increments last time and I think he will do the same again if left to get on with it.

Well yes I will concede it could come good eventually but not many managers get the chance to find out. Just as much chance a new manager comes in and gets a lot more out of this squad.

Pays your money and takes your choice and no doubt the next few weeks will be pivotal.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
GrimPol
January 28, 2022, 6:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
"You do realise we got Hurst from a lower division"    YES, and we waited seven years for him to get us up.
So if we get someone new and untried,  that's  2029 for Div 4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
arryarryarry
January 28, 2022, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol
"You do realise we got Hurst from a lower division"    YES, and we waited seven years for him to get us up.
So if we get someone new and untried,  that's  2029 for Div 4.

Or we wait another 7 years for him to take us up.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
arryarryarry
January 28, 2022, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Without a fight? He very nearly kept us up. Pep assisted by Klopp & Tuchel would have struggled to do any better in the circumstances

Erm..........................he took us from 3rd from bottom to bottom and ended up with a worse points per game total than that clown Holloway.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
Gaffer58
January 28, 2022, 9:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm..........................he took us from 3rd from bottom to bottom and ended up with a worse points per game total than that clown Holloway.

And brought X number of “ better” players, in Mr Hursts eyes, then what was already here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I am still 100% behind Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.