Northbank Mariner
January 25, 2022, 10:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from male private Nale

You can add Sousa to that pay off roll too ... he is not even an enigma just a waste of a shirt ... one goal against sporting bromsgrove shows his level.

If you're gonna slate a player, get the right facts, it was Maidenhead he scored against!..
It was Bromsgrove where he nearly got snapped in half!..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
HertsGTFC
January 25, 2022, 10:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Sousa is better on the right hand side especially when Efete is behind him.

What next? Mid table finish, manager goes nowhere for a good while yet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
quebec38
January 25, 2022, 10:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
We will beat Wealdstone on Saturday and kick the can a bit further down the road. It will be a similar performance to the Southend and Altrincham wins no doubt. Some will see it as a turning point before a pointless visit to Notts Co.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
MarinerDevil
January 25, 2022, 11:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
He's obviously well into sacking territory and probably would have been given the boot already at most clubs.  And for the record, I like Paul but I think he may be coming to the end of his managerial career, at least in the EFL.

I'm not sure what the thinking will be as the owners have trusted him completely to run the playing side.  The next 6 games include 5 extremely winnable games against sides in the bottom half:

Wealdstone (H)
Notts County (A)
Kings Lynn (H)
Aldershot (H)
Southend (A)
Dover (A)

12-15 points from those games would see us in the mix for the play-offs again.  This side is surely capable of that.  Just depends on whether the owners feel they can still trust PH to build a long-term 'project', or that a new manager bounce would be more beneficial with the run of fixtures to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
davmariner
January 25, 2022, 11:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from quebec38
We will beat Wealdstone on Saturday and kick the can a bit further down the road. It will be a similar performance to the Southend and Altrincham wins no doubt. Some will see it as a turning point before a pointless visit to Notts Co.

Wealdstone are no mugs as we saw when we went to their place and got turned over with relative ease.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
male private Nale
January 26, 2022, 8:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

If you're gonna slate a player, get the right facts, it was Maidenhead he scored against!..
It was Bromsgrove where he nearly got snapped in half!..

Apologies mistaking one part time team for another. Regardless of who he scored his only goal in half a season against he is far too weak a player to warrant the game time he has been given.

We have too many passengers in this squad / first team.. we are yet again getting inundated with u23s or players released from league 2.

Now if this is all we can attract in this window then we all need a reality check as to where this season will peter out into. And one we have finally accepted our fate for this season, we order a mini bus driven by hurst and doig then fill it with :-

Sousa
John Lewis
Coke
Crookes
Scannell
Grant

Get them gone and once again start again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
quebec38
January 26, 2022, 8:53am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
I said the same about Sousa a few weeks ago.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone in the division this season as good at carrying the ball as him and he terrorises defences but he has 1 league goal this season and I can think of 1 assist off the top of my head but this is likely wrong.

Compare that to JMD who has 3 goals in his last 3 games at home and a delivery that is bound to create more.

Hurst needs to go nuclear on Saturday and change things up.

Wright on the left and Scannell on the right if JMD is out. If Scannell isn’t up to it then time to cut him loose.

Abrahams up front. Taylor is great but I feel like he drops in whereas Abrahams will stretch.

McAtee in the hole with Raikhy behind. Then Hurst needs to try and find a dominant midfielder from somewhere to partner him. Good luck with that last bit though.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
oochiad
January 26, 2022, 8:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from MarinerDevil
He's obviously well into sacking territory and probably would have been given the boot already at most clubs.  And for the record, I like Paul but I think he may be coming to the end of his managerial career, at least in the EFL.

I'm not sure what the thinking will be as the owners have trusted him completely to run the playing side.  The next 6 games include 5 extremely winnable games against sides in the bottom half:

Wealdstone (H)
Notts County (A)
Kings Lynn (H)
Aldershot (H)
Southend (A)
Dover (A)

12-15 points from those games would see us in the mix for the play-offs again.  This side is surely capable of that.  Just depends on whether the owners feel they can still trust PH to build a long-term 'project', or that a new manager bounce would be more beneficial with the run of fixtures to come.

Yeah, win those games and we'll be flying! Every thing crossed but I doubt it'll happen......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
jonnyboy82
January 26, 2022, 8:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
What next?

Give paul his P45 before the season is completely done.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
Hagrid
January 26, 2022, 9:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from oochiad

Yeah, win those games and we'll be flying! Every thing crossed but I doubt it'll happen......

we have to be winning those games, simple as that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What next

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.