Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 342 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 7,816 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
January 25, 2022, 11:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
There’s a line in that interview which I think is quite telling. When asked about ‘going for it’ he says “well when should you go for it? If you go for it from the 46th minute you might go 2 down and then it’s game over”.

Sums him up for me, and think that was a more honest assessment of his way of thinking than the confected lines about being an optimist one end and pessimist the other. Yes please, from the 46th minute. Maybe even earlier if you’re feeling adventurous.

That’s what Hurst, and a succession of previous managers (and boards) just don’t get. Fans would rather lose 2-0 going for it than lose 1-0 with a steady performance hoping to nick one. Who knows, got for it and you might win 2,3,4-1, nobody’ll complain about the team openly trying to win a match.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
arryarryarry
January 25, 2022, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
grimsby pete
January 25, 2022, 11:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks arry but I just can not listen to the same old excuses anymore.

I know they will not sack him yet I just hope the new board see the light before it's too late.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
arryarryarry
January 25, 2022, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Unless I wasn't listening closely enough he seemed surprised that Wrexham came more into the game by attacking
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
Wxmwelsh85
January 25, 2022, 11:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +58
Just a view from a Wrexham fan - Wasnt much in it were still shite in MF and needs adressing in the next week if we want any chance of going up.

You looked a team lacking in confidence and belief. Both teams missed decent chances 1 of ours was abysmal (Wait for the highlights) but our GK is the best in League and for me and thats why we won.

I thought Mcatee and the lad you brought off was decent but small margins in this depressing league. Only takes a run off 3 games and you back in it. Your definitely top 7 team and play offs are a lottery!

All the best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Zmariner
January 26, 2022, 12:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Wxmwelsh85
Just a view from a Wrexham fan - Wasnt much in it were still shite in MF and needs adressing in the next week if we want any chance of going up.

You looked a team lacking in confidence and belief. Both teams missed decent chances 1 of ours was abysmal (Wait for the highlights) but our GK is the best in League and for me and thats why we won.

I thought Mcatee and the lad you brought off was decent but small margins in this depressing league. Only takes a run off 3 games and you back in it. Your definitely top 7 team and play offs are a lottery!

All the best

A shred of positivity in there, cling on to anything at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
GYinScuntland
January 26, 2022, 12:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Thought I wouldn't be doing this one but now snuggled up in a Chester hotel.
Didn't play good, didn't play bad but nul points.
Things need to change rapidly but I really can't see it happening.
Lower half finish for me and much the same next season after being promised the world again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
oochiad
January 26, 2022, 12:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Thanks Barralad, you give me hope with your description of the game and the new lad. Also good to hear from a Wrexham supporter, I still think all is not lost and that’s also why our new owners won’t sack Hursty yet. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
grimps
January 26, 2022, 4:05am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from ska face
There’s a line in that interview which I think is quite telling. When asked about ‘going for it’ he says “well when should you go for it? If you go for it from the 46th minute you might go 2 down and then it’s game over”.

Sums him up for me, and think that was a more honest assessment of his way of thinking than the confected lines about being an optimist one end and pessimist the other. Yes please, from the 46th minute. Maybe even earlier if you’re feeling adventurous.

That’s what Hurst, and a succession of previous managers (and boards) just don’t get. Fans would rather lose 2-0 going for it than lose 1-0 with a steady performance hoping to nick one. Who knows, got for it and you might win 2,3,4-1, nobody’ll complain about the team openly trying to win a match.

The thing is he wouldn’t dream of letting his team ‘ Go for it ‘ against any of the lower spending teams in this league either .
He had to go now , accepting out form is an absolute joke for a club out size in this league.
I don’t think out chairmen have the minerals either to be honest as they seem more interested in pies and the club badge then winning games
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
jamesgtfc
January 26, 2022, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
All these teams keep telling us we will be up there despite us not beating them which is usually a good sign but I can't see it anymore.

It's about time Pragmatic Paul takes some risks because pragmatism isn't winning us anywhere near enough games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.