Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New crest redesign won the poll...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 216 Guests

New crest redesign won the poll...

This thread currently has 4,410 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
January 25, 2022, 2:32pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,158
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from sam gy
FLAG MEANS FLAG

Flags can be deconstructed.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
DB
January 25, 2022, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,006
Gold Stars: 386
Democracy in action, the votes been counted and the new design won. Time to move on.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
friskneymariner
January 25, 2022, 4:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Vote for Flagexit

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
GrimRob
January 25, 2022, 5:17pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,399
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from friskneymariner

This vote has ignored the validity of the sample,an internet vote is going to eliminate a higher proportion of elder vote who are more likely not to use social media.The people constructing this vote has not assessed sample validity so not really methodologically valid.

True to an extent as every year goes by, the proportion of people not on the internet at all diminishes. Even social media has its generations. Facebook, with 42 million UK users, is favoured by older people, most over 80s I know are on it. Would very old, non-online people even notice the badge, or care enough to participate in a vote? Maybe a few, but enough to swing the vote? Doubtful.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 47
Rodley Mariner
January 25, 2022, 5:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from LH

So you’re saying it could have been done without the flag in the first place to save this bother?

Rodley: I’ve been negative about the new owners on this issue alone. It’s been handled so badly from the start and they used up the ‘at least it’s not Fenty’ credit they had built up. I am sick to death of people in positions of power in this country making rules only to break them themselves. Doing that triggered some petty statements from club and designer and we had a bit of an unfair vote between something that exists and something that might exist. It’s over now but they better hope results pick up so they can build up some credit.

I think I have seen you posting twice over the weekend about the price of a sandwich you didn't buy? You always seem a pretty calm and rational poster but the highlighted bit above suggests the loss of a bit of perspective here. And I must have built up a lot more 'at least it's not Fenty' credit than you. They've cocked up a minor change to the badge, he took us out of the football league twice, saw off other investors, tried to bring in a convicted fraudster and repeatedly treated us with utter contempt.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
sam gy
January 25, 2022, 5:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,460
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from friskneymariner

This vote has ignored the validity of the sample,an internet vote is going to eliminate a higher proportion of elder vote who are more likely not to use social media.The people constructing this vote has not assessed sample validity so not really methodologically valid.

You were also able to vote in person at the club shop/ticket office, i believe.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
TAGG
January 25, 2022, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
More than the Brexit vote - out means out - flag means flag
Always go with the majority  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
friskneymariner
January 25, 2022, 7:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
More than the Brexit vote - out means out - flag means flag
Always go with the majority  

Not aware of the concept of ''tyranny of the majority'' then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
Marinerdeano
January 25, 2022, 7:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 26
'New crestit means new crestit' 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
toontown
January 25, 2022, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,265
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Civvy at last
I voted against it. I don’t particularly like the flag. I don’t like the way the whole thing was done. I don’t like the fact that the Trust board members never saw fit to tell the board we should have had a say.
I lost.
I have to accept it and I do. So no whining and complaining from me.
There are more important things at the moment to worry about as far as I am concerned.

These are my thoughts exactly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New crest redesign won the poll...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.