10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 24, 2022, 7:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,634
Gold Stars: 217
Maybe some players just don’t want to play for us as they get that we’re not as big as some people on here think we are.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 96
ginnywings
January 24, 2022, 7:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
The fact that strikers are going for this sort of money in non league suggests there is a paucity of decent strikers out there, which is probably why we are struggling to get one, and ones that are available can have their pick of teams in an inflated market.

Seems to be a sellers market at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 96
pontoonlew
January 24, 2022, 7:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Maybe some players just don’t want to play for us as they get that we’re not as big as some people on here think we are.

Let’s face it, these players aren’t interested in the size of the club, it’s the size of the bank balance that they’re interested in. For all I’m not happy with what’s going on here at the minute, I’m glad we’re not selling our souls.

With our owners we’ll still have a club to moan about for many years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 96
GibMariner
January 24, 2022, 7:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -894
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Hagrid

various twitter sources

its obvious- and yes- frustrating that we dont seem to have a budget to go splash out on a stiker, but i cant see anyway we can compete with what stockport/Chesterfield/Wrexham are offering these players

No because we’ve spent a couple of hundred thousand on a window to see the linesman’s kneecaps. Not to mention the window cleaning bill now ongoing👎

Additionally £40k on irrigation so it can be turned on from the telephone. Staff were doing this with the semiautomatic system within their job so no saving there or benefits.  

So called infrastructure expenditure.

But hay ho we can still concentrate on the chairman’s social experiment as someone pointed out, and see how far that gets us👎👎👎
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 96
mariner91
January 24, 2022, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
His desire to open bottles with his teeth would probably require a Club Dentist on top of his salary and transfer fee!

I'll do it for a free ticket each game and a fancy scotch egg.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 96
mariner91
January 24, 2022, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from GibMariner

No because we’ve spent a couple of hundred thousand on a window to see the linesman’s kneecaps. Not to mention the window cleaning bill now ongoing👎

Additionally £40k on irrigation so it can be turned on from the telephone. Staff were doing this with the semiautomatic system within their job so no saving there or benefits.  

So called infrastructure expenditure.

But hay ho we can still concentrate on the chairman’s social experiment as someone pointed out, and see how far that gets us👎👎👎

No wonder the officiating in this league is so shite if the buggers aren't even facing the right way.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 96
ginnywings
January 24, 2022, 7:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from pontoonlew

Let’s face it, these players aren’t interested in the size of the club, it’s the size of the bank balance that they’re interested in. For all I’m not happy with what’s going on here at the minute, I’m glad we’re not selling our souls.

If we give them a chance, they may just give us something to cheer about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 96
HertsGTFC
January 24, 2022, 8:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

I'll do it for a free ticket each game and a fancy scotch egg.

I’m surprised you’ve got the time these days 👶

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 96
HertsGTFC
January 24, 2022, 8:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

Completely agree!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 96
jamesgtfc
January 24, 2022, 8:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Surely there is a better striker out there for £300k than Ollie Palmer?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.