January 24, 2022, 8:51pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,780
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from GibMariner

By so many accounts the staff are feeling it and strong sources say a letter of complaint went to the very top.

Don’t shoot the messenger and I don’t understand why so many on here are so protective about this.

I'd shoot you as the messenger after a cursory glance at your post history. Practically every single one of your previous posts contains a snipe at the new owners. Clearly an agenda on display there.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 130
sydney
January 24, 2022, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
So we should have been up for the return and beaten the classless amateurs
But been Town we didn’t
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 130
Zmariner
January 24, 2022, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Debbie’s reply reminds me of the Haribo advert. Woodman is clearly a prize bell end but why get involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 130
Fillipe Noche
January 24, 2022, 9:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from KingsleysHair

In all fairness, I thought it was pretty common knowledge she was “removed” from her position at the YMCA before the opening of the Freeman Street site because of similar allegations. I was there today and no sight of her, same on Friday.

Steady on there. That’s not what she said on the recent interview she gave. When she said it was a difficult decision to make leaving YMCA before the completion of the new centre.

You might come in for some stick for making this kind of unsubstantiated allegation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 130
Maringer
January 24, 2022, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I'd imagine the Fishy logs IP addresses used when people post. Most web forums do, I believe. Should be relatively straightforward to discover which accounts "just happen" to share an IP address.

At least that's my take on things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 130
jamesgtfc
January 24, 2022, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Maringer
I'd imagine the Fishy logs IP addresses used when people post. Most web forums do, I believe. Should be relatively straightforward to discover which accounts "just happen" to share an IP address.

At least that's my take on things.

It's not hard to post as multiple users from different IP addresses on the same computer. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's what certain people on here do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 130
forza ivano
January 24, 2022, 10:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pen penfras

Whatever the maths say, there's one thing that's pretty obvious and this is that the budget is either just as bad as under Fenty or incredibly badly mismanaged. The fact that we wouldn't pay a little bit more money to keep probably our 2nd best performer of the season and instead decided to gamble on more loans and 6 months signings makes me think it's much more about money than anything else.

And the stupid thing is, you all talk like I'm against the new owners for pointing out that they're doing the exact same things that Fenty got lambasted for. Arguing with people on the internet, same crappy budget. Just because it's somebody else doing it doesn't make it any better because you dislike them less.

As far as I'm aware we were paying c £1k p.w. of hunts £5k pw wages.wednesday then turned round and demanded we paid far more (possibly all) of those wages, a total cost of c£100k. We refused and hes moved on to a F.L. club
Course the silver lining for your mate theres another 100k saved which should help to pay him off......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 130
immariner
January 24, 2022, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from forza ivano

As far as I'm aware we were paying c £1k p.w. of hunts £5k pw wages.wednesday then turned round and demanded we paid far more (possibly all) of those wages, a total cost of c£100k. We refused and hes moved on to a F.L. club
Course the silver lining for your mate theres another 100k saved which should help to pay him off......

Not a chance Hunt was on £5k a week before he signed his new contract and not a chance now either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 130
GibMariner
January 24, 2022, 11:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'd shoot you as the messenger after a cursory glance at your post history. Practically every single one of your previous posts contains a snipe at the new owners. Clearly an agenda on display there.

No I’m just not blinded by all the clap trap and I expect much better.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 130
aldi_01
January 25, 2022, 5:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This was always going to be an issue for some of our fans…ya know, the ones that just assumed that millionaires coming in would mean splashing of cash…anyone with half a brain knew that this was a long term project and whilst people seem to only care about the team, some of the stuff that’s needed cash spent on it is in fact for the survival of the team…long term.

Nobody would care and nobody did care when we were top of the league. Half the people sticking the knife in wouldn’t be here and people always want to find something to or someone blame. I heard s bloke on Saturdays lotwrelly blaming the ref…like he was the one the Cruyff turned in his own box and gave the ball away, like he was the one who made the poor sub. Like he was the one that couldn’t defend a corner at the near post…

10 pages about someone at the club tweeting something…says a lot. I’ve no issue criticising, and perhaps it was a bad move but we could list pages of embarrassing moments of the previous incumbents and that’s without discussion added…

Interesting that those who’ve appeared out of the woodwork will claim they don’t support Fenty yet seemingly leap to his defence or point out ‘faults’ of the new ownership and align them with John…ducking terrifying that really. Almost like they enjoyed it under fenty.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debbie Cook takes to Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.