14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
January 24, 2022, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 839
There were 5854 there on Saturday with 711 kids in for free (seen quite a few saying they loved it and will be back).  Not quite 20% of 5000 is it? We’ve only had 1 below 5k all year.

If it’s not all about Fenty, why do you hark back to his glorious spell every time you post here? This is a bloke who said fans could pay what they liked and didn’t break 6000 from what I can remember.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 130
It Bites
January 24, 2022, 7:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,168
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from pen penfras

With all the good feeling and great start, we get 5000 fans when giving away nearly 20% for free. Come on, it's hardly good, is it? Plus it's not even about Fenty, is it. It's about the only thing that really matters is performance on the pitch and since that went mammaries up the gates have quickly dropped and will continue to do so without something to bring back some optimism.

Fenty was a failure as far as football is concerned . 3 relegations into non league ( yes we were saved by massive points deductions on one occasion) . To start judging the new owners against Fenty after a few months is just pathetic and rather immature tbh . So grow up a bit and go play with your friends . FF was certainly right about you all
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 130
ginnywings
January 24, 2022, 7:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from LH
Just catching up with this. I didn’t buy one but my mate did and I misheard how much he paid - £4.50 seemed excessive to me! Whilst everyone is free to spend their money as they wish (and I will happily pay a bit more than Docks charge in their own bar at BP) I’m sorry but that is an absolute rip off. We can do better than this.

Yep, you can get fish and chips for less than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 130
forza ivano
January 24, 2022, 7:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pen penfras

With all the good feeling and great start, we get 5000 fans when giving away nearly 20% for free. Come on, it's hardly good, is it? Plus it's not even about Fenty, is it. It's about the only thing that really matters is performance on the pitch and since that went mammaries up the gates have quickly dropped and will continue to do so without something to bring back some optimism.

skaface has already pulled apart your pathetic maths/lies, so I will just confine myself to pondering what the crowd would've been like if your best mate had still been in charge - i'll start the guessing at sub 3000

For all of you making stupid comments about scotch eggs, i'm just wondering whether the fact that it's a much better match day experience has meant the attendances have held up much better than might be expected after such an appalling run
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 130
GibMariner
January 24, 2022, 7:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -938
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from It Bites

Define Bullying

By so many accounts the staff are feeling it and strong sources say a letter of complaint went to the very top.

Don’t shoot the messenger and I don’t understand why so many on here are so protective about this.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 130
pen penfras
January 24, 2022, 7:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from forza ivano

skaface has already pulled apart your pathetic maths/lies, so I will just confine myself to pondering what the crowd would've been like if your best mate had still been in charge - i'll start the guessing at sub 3000

For all of you making stupid comments about scotch eggs, i'm just wondering whether the fact that it's a much better match day experience has meant the attendances have held up much better than might be expected after such an appalling run

Whatever the maths say, there's one thing that's pretty obvious and this is that the budget is either just as bad as under Fenty or incredibly badly mismanaged. The fact that we wouldn't pay a little bit more money to keep probably our 2nd best performer of the season and instead decided to gamble on more loans and 6 months signings makes me think it's much more about money than anything else.

And the stupid thing is, you all talk like I'm against the new owners for pointing out that they're doing the exact same things that Fenty got lambasted for. Arguing with people on the internet, same crappy budget. Just because it's somebody else doing it doesn't make it any better because you dislike them less.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 130
GibMariner
January 24, 2022, 8:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -938
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from ska face

The problem you’ve got in pointing to attendances as a barometer of success is that there has only been 1 game at BP this season where the attendance dropped below the average of 4599 Fenty achieved in 19/20. And that’s in non-league where you’re averaging probably 70/80 away fans rather than 300-400.

So even with 3 wins in 14, the new board are pulling in more fans than Fenty did a division higher. You might be advised to stop using Fenty as a yardstick by which to judge the new board because it’s unlikely that they’ll ever be worse under any metric.

Anything to do with the televised games during lock down and some getting the bug, plus covid let me out again!! & also the great start we had, plus the change at the top. Won’t stay like this though with baloney about infrastructure, core values and a social experiment, when dishing up crap on the pitch.

Nice when it came together at the start though 👍👍
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 130
Fillipe Noche
January 24, 2022, 8:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from GibMariner

By so many accounts the staff are feeling it and strong sources say a letter of complaint went to the very top.

Don’t shoot the messenger and I don’t understand why so many on here are so protective about this.

I’m saying nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 130
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2022, 8:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I’m saying nothing

Long may that continue.
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 130
jamesgtfc
January 24, 2022, 8:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GibMariner

Is this your backup account Filipe?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debbie Cook takes to Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.