aldi_01
January 25, 2022, 5:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Steady on there. That’s not what she said on the recent interview she gave. When she said it was a difficult decision to make leaving YMCA before the completion of the new centre.

You might come in for some stick for making this kind of unsubstantiated allegation

You’d know all about unsubstantiated claims…

I mean that’s what it is…it’s not true and in fact, many CEOs are ‘removed’ once they’d secured or take on another role…the pettiness from some on here is hilarious though. I mean she’s already been more influential than the previous CEO…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 130
sam gy
January 25, 2022, 8:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from pen penfras

Whatever the maths say, there's one thing that's pretty obvious and this is that the budget is either just as bad as under Fenty or incredibly badly mismanaged. The fact that we wouldn't pay a little bit more money to keep probably our 2nd best performer of the season and instead decided to gamble on more loans and 6 months signings makes me think it's much more about money than anything else.

And the stupid thing is, you all talk like I'm against the new owners for pointing out that they're doing the exact same things that Fenty got lambasted for. Arguing with people on the internet, same crappy budget. Just because it's somebody else doing it doesn't make it any better because you dislike them less.

Or it could be the fact that it’s not as black and white as just chucking a load more budget at it, and it’s not inconceivable to think that we were never going to walk the league at the first time of asking, with owners that have barely had a chance to get their feet under the table.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 130
Fillipe Noche
January 25, 2022, 8:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean she’s already been more influential than the previous CEO…

How?

Examples please ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 130
MuddyWaters
January 25, 2022, 8:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from sam gy

Or it could be the fact that it’s not as black and white as just chucking a load more budget at it, and it’s not inconceivable to think that we were never going to walk the league at the first time of asking, with owners that have barely had a chance to get their feet under the table.

I think that the frustration is that we did get to the top of the league and, for whatever reason, blew it in a raft of eminently winnable fixtures.

There was a mantra of building a squad (many have now gone), working with the fans and being transparent. That all seems to have gone.

Football is tough when you’re losing. God knows, we are more aware of that than most and many, many successful businessmen have tried and often failed to run a successful football club.

I’m not saying for a minute that our owners are failing or have failed but many of us have pretty decent memories of owners who have over promised and under delivered.

This is a big job, make no mistake, but continued occupation of mid table National League will have financial implications on the main income stream if it continues for long.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 130
jamesgtfc
January 25, 2022, 9:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187

How?

Examples please ?

The only thing we ever saw of Fleming was his name on the published accounts.

Just to be clear, CEOs do more than make tea and jump as high as Mr Principle Funder tells them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 130
chicaneuk
January 25, 2022, 9:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Think it was a mistake for her to do that personally. I don't think senior management of the club should be, publicly, getting involved in petty squabbling like this. Fenty used to do it, and it was embarassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 130
forza ivano
January 25, 2022, 4:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265

How?

Examples please ?

surely before we do that, we have to establish the yardstick by which she is to be measured.
Perhaps , with your insider info/position you could let us know the major achievements of the previous incumbent?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 130
GrimPol
January 25, 2022, 4:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -670
Gold Stars: 68
Just a bit unseemly that's all. Bromley gates average at 1.9k and had a Taxi full of supporters at BP, so a good result for them. I mean NO Mariner fan jumped around and hugged ecstatically the winning players at Liverpool, did they.
Why Ms Cook had to Tweet like a teenager is beyond me. She has always come over as a smart cool operator.
Is she frazzling at the edges with our predicament? Hmmmmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 130
MarshMariner
January 25, 2022, 4:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from GrimPol
Just a bit unseemly that's all. Bromley gates average at 1.9k and had a Taxi full of supporters at BP, so a good result for them. I mean NO Mariner fan jumped around and hugged ecstatically the winning players at Liverpool, did they.
Why Ms Cook had to Tweet like a teenager is beyond me. She has always come over as a smart cool operator.
Is she frazzling at the edges with our predicament? Hmmmmm

Not sure how comparing knocking out Liverpool (Cup holders?) at Anfield and beating Grimsby a team below Bromley in the league compares much... One thing is for sure I am sure the Grimsby footballers didn't jesture to the Liverpool Supporters at full time..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 130
ex-merseymariner
January 25, 2022, 4:54pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MarshMariner

Not sure how comparing knocking out Liverpool (Cup holders?) at Anfield and beating Grimsby a team below Bromley in the league compares much... One thing is for sure I am sure the Grimsby footballers didn't jesture to the Liverpool Supporters at full time..

I agree.

I don't have a problem with our CEO stating her view and especially given how outspoken this Woodman chap has been this season, and considering how badly his staff and players have behaved during and after each fixture.

People keep referring to the result and results matter but how you behave surely matters too.

Woodman falls into the Steve Evans category of managers.  Not a compliment.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debbie Cook takes to Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.