Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst, Stay or Go??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 185 Guests

Hurst, STAY or Go
Stay
Go
  View Results 217 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst, Stay or Go??

This thread currently has 5,749 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Bawmariner
January 23, 2022, 11:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +323
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Vance Warner

Apologies if that’s the case but just think it’s too soon to judge the owners on their performance. Things don’t change overnight and other than spending unsustainable amounts of money I’m not sure what more they could have done so far. Hopefully a new training ground announcement soon will showcase some of the work they are doing.

Some people seem to be expecting miracles over night. Wrexham are a few points ahead of us despite throwing absolutely mental amounts of money at the playing budget this season. Players on 5k a week in the 5th division. The form of the team hasn't been good enough but we're against 4 teams of a similar stature to ourselves whoever been building squads for the last 3 or 4 years. I do think we are going to have to wait a year or 2 while the likes of Chesterfield, Wrexham and Stockport  sodomist off to League 2. We really have ended up in the league at the worst possible time. If we'd come down 2 seasons ago we'd have been against a Wrexham and Chesterfield in disarray struggling to stay up, a Stockport side who had spent 5 years in the 6th tier and be completing with teams like Macclesfield and Barrow for the title not a bankrolled well supported teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
DB
January 24, 2022, 5:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
The one fact we have all forgotten is that Hurst was employed by Fenty under the old regime, with no interview process, a direct employment by Fenty.

Hurst may be astute to agree with long term stability of the club by 1878 but his signings of short term contracts and loans players say other things in a different direction.

Money is always said to be available and has been for over 12 months so why hasn't any been spent on long term contracts, or keeping the likes of Towler and Hunt at the club. We need a manager with ambition as well as stability.

1878 need to have more vision when it comes to the manager and not endorse a Fenty man using Fenty mentality to maintain a team.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
aldi_01
January 24, 2022, 5:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB
The one fact we have all forgotten is that Hurst was employed by Fenty under the old regime, with no interview process, a direct employment by Fenty.

Hurst may be astute to agree with long term stability of the club by 1878 but his signings of short term contracts and loans players say other things in a different direction.

Money is always said to be available and has been for over 12 months so why hasn't any been spent on long term contracts, or keeping the likes of Towler and Hunt at the club. We need a manager with ambition as well as stability.

1878 need to have more vision when it comes to the manager and not endorse a Fenty man using Fenty mentality to maintain a team.

Players don’t want to commit, players being recalled by their parent club and going straight in to their squad? May be some of the cash is having to service other areas that need it to meet thresholds etc?

There as plethora of reasons, Hurst has ambition, the club now has a plan. That won’t just change everything over night though…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
TAGG
January 24, 2022, 7:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Phil the cod

This is why you can't take red crosses seriously........... someone posts the truth and the Fenty physcophants can't handle it

Are they supposed to be taken seriously??
I only red cross someone who moans about them because it makes me grin    

Bit of fun man, lighten up a bit.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
GYinScuntland
January 24, 2022, 8:05am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from TAGG

Are they supposed to be taken seriously??
I only red cross someone who moans about them because it makes me grin    

Bit of fun man, lighten up a bit.

Just red crossed you, only in an ironic way mind 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
MuddyWaters
January 24, 2022, 8:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Bawmariner

Some people seem to be expecting miracles over night. Wrexham are a few points ahead of us despite throwing absolutely mental amounts of money at the playing budget this season. Players on 5k a week in the 5th division. The form of the team hasn't been good enough but we're against 4 teams of a similar stature to ourselves whoever been building squads for the last 3 or 4 years. I do think we are going to have to wait a year or 2 while the likes of Chesterfield, Wrexham and Stockport  sodomist off to League 2. We really have ended up in the league at the worst possible time. If we'd come down 2 seasons ago we'd have been against a Wrexham and Chesterfield in disarray struggling to stay up, a Stockport side who had spent 5 years in the 6th tier and be completing with teams like Macclesfield and Barrow for the title not a bankrolled well supported teams.

From memory, we were 12 points ahead of Wrexham at one point, we’re now 6 behind. Our squad from that point has departed to all points of the compass and, with the possible exception of JMD, been replaced by players unwanted by anyone else.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Harry Haddock
January 24, 2022, 8:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Try the poll again after our next win. Just saying  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
BottesfordMariner
January 24, 2022, 2:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Not keen on constantly changing manager. Rarely turns out well

However this run over the last 3 months is worrying. It's not a blip.

I'm at a loss at how a team to that did so well over the first 10 games or so can so quickly look so poor.

The damning thing for me is that nothing is changing
Some performances have been decent. I don't buy the idea the players aren't trying. Halifax at home was good. But until we scored the late equaliser looked to be another groundhog Day.

Altrincham the same but for 2 moments of individual brilliance

We aren't creating many chances . Get into some promising situations but don't work the keeper enough.

Wasteful in front of goal

Don't seem to be using players to get the best out of them.

We're doing the same game after game. Hurst doesn't seem to have a plan B. Can't make effective in game changes either when things aren't working

We play a front 3 but the Centre Forward usually Taylor is too isolated. Wide players too wide and no support runs from deep. Taylor is often 20 yards from a teammate with his back to goal.

Same story against Bromley where we were up against 3 big Centre Half's. And our tactic , apart the opening minutes when we did get down the channels, was play high and long. Easy for them but we didn't change

If I felt there was a suitable manager out there I would pull the trigger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst, Stay or Go??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.