Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst, Stay or Go??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 376 Guests

Hurst, STAY or Go
Stay
Go
  View Results 217 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst, Stay or Go??

This thread currently has 5,664 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2022, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,649
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from GibMariner

See the accounts are still not available. If Fenty is to be believed, he left the club with £800k in the bank and no other debt than to himself. So have they actually put any money in the club. ??? Why are they holding the accounts back. ???

In terms of a cash balance £800k isn’t that much. It sounds good but it would be working capital to support the day to day running of the club and not for throwing at a run of poor form.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
Bigdog
January 23, 2022, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from GibMariner

See the accounts are still not available. If Fenty is to be believed, he left the club with £800k in the bank and no other debt than to himself. So have they actually put any money in the club. ??? Why are they holding the accounts back. ???

I'd take them at their word that they've thrown "a few quid in" (their words) on infrastructure improvements like the pitch, Cheapside and the new glass barriers in the Findus etc..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2022, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Isn’t it relevant to our future revenue streams?

It will be but it won’t get us out of Division 5.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2022, 9:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,548
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Bigdog

First of all they haven't sunk millions into the football club. They bought Fenty's shares and a few others amounting to around £1m. These remain 1878's assets and do not result in any financial gain for the club's coffers. The football club will be paying the JF loan off out of generated income. Grateful as I am to improvements at Cheapside and minor cheap improvements elsewhere, it doesn't amount to much more than 200k or so of personal money I'd estimate, certainly not the millions you have quoted.

We all know that there's three main goals to get this football club back on its feet: a new stadium, new training facilities and getting back in the EFL and pushing on to possibly League One. New training facilities are seemingly on their way in the near future so that's great news but with JS's statement on a new stadium we seem to be as far away as ever and there's no disecernable difference in strategy on the playing side compared to the Fenty years, and getting the same results may I add. And so for me, I'll also have to put to bed seeing GTFC in a new stadium in my lifetime and I'm only in my fifties..

To ensure getting out of this division, generally you'll need an additional fighting fund on top of the playing budget. I think the owners have underestimated this. Getting that extra funding from a new investor is as crucial as getting funding from investors for infrastructure. And it's not an either or. We should be looking to boost playing budget through share acquisition as well as improving infrastructure. This needs to happen sooner rather than later as the longer it goes on the further we'll fall behind the EFL funded clubs season after season like we did before when we were non-league. Don't know about you, but I'm really tired of us being shite on the pitch and I'm really tired of us being one of the biggest clubs left that hasn't got a new stadium.

I thought JS and AP would be more wired into fan sentiment than they are and more geared up to hit the ground running, or maybe the money is just not there, but GTFC cannot be a touchy feely long term project for a great many of us, and we've heard it all before..

I have heard JS say more than once he has had offers of investment from his contacts but doesn't need it yet.

What is that all about? We need it now and urgently don't we?

I thought the new owners were going to be a force to be reckoned with and really give us a new horizon to aim for but it is very underwhelming thus far.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
jamesgtfc
January 23, 2022, 9:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from GibMariner

I suppose it's not prudent to show your accounts during a transfer window and Companies House says they are due 28th February...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC

In terms of a cash balance £800k isn’t that much. It sounds good but it would be working capital to support the day to day running of the club and not for throwing at a run of poor form.

It would have been boosted by several over budget attendances though.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
Vance Warner
January 23, 2022, 9:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Bigdog

First of all they haven't sunk millions into the football club. They bought Fenty's shares and a few others amounting to around £1m. These remain 1878's assets and do not result in any financial gain for the club's coffers. The football club will be paying the JF loan off out of generated income. Grateful as I am to improvements at Cheapside and minor cheap improvements elsewhere, it doesn't amount to much more than 200k or so of personal money I'd estimate, certainly not the millions you have quoted.

We all know that there's three main goals to get this football club back on its feet: a new stadium, new training facilities and getting back in the EFL and pushing on to possibly League One. New training facilities are seemingly on their way in the near future so that's great news but with JS's statement on a new stadium we seem to be as far away as ever and there's no disecernable difference in strategy on the playing side compared to the Fenty years, and getting the same results may I add. And so for me, I'll also have to put to bed seeing GTFC in a new stadium in my lifetime and I'm only in my fifties..

To ensure getting out of this division, generally you'll need an additional fighting fund on top of the playing budget. I think the owners have underestimated this. Getting that extra funding from a new investor is as crucial as getting funding from investors for infrastructure. And it's not an either or. We should be looking to boost playing budget through share acquisition as well as improving infrastructure. This needs to happen sooner rather than later as the longer it goes on the further we'll fall behind the EFL funded clubs season after season like we did before when we were non-league. Don't know about you, but I'm really tired of us being shite on the pitch and I'm really tired of us being one of the biggest clubs left that hasn't got a new stadium.

I thought JS and AP would be more wired into fan sentiment than they are and more geared up to hit the ground running, or maybe the money is just not there, but GTFC cannot be a touchy feely long term project for a great many of us, and we've heard it all before..

So you’d prefer someone with no ties to the town to throw silly money at it for a few years and then clear off when they got bored? It’s clear fans have contrasting views so what you want is the owners to be wired into your sentiment and no one else’s? I’m also sick of us being sh1te by the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2022, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It would have been boosted by several over budget attendances though.

Quite possibly and when this year’s accounts land next year we’ll see. The new owners must have put a bit in though as £800k wouldn’t fund too much capex.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
Bigdog
January 23, 2022, 9:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Vance Warner

So you’d prefer someone with no ties to the town to throw silly money at it for a few years and then clear off when they got bored?
It’s clear fans have contrasting views so what you want is the owners to be wired into your sentiment and no one else’s? I’m also sick of us being sh1te by the way.

That's a gross misrepresentation of what I said mate..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
Vance Warner
January 23, 2022, 10:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Bigdog

That's a gross misrepresentation of what I said mate..

Apologies if that’s the case but just think it’s too soon to judge the owners on their performance. Things don’t change overnight and other than spending unsustainable amounts of money I’m not sure what more they could have done so far. Hopefully a new training ground announcement soon will showcase some of the work they are doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst, Stay or Go??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.