6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
January 23, 2022, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,183
Gold Stars: 260
Say what you like but he has a winning mentality and I'd have him at town Tomorrow.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
jamesgtfc
January 23, 2022, 7:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings
Bromley were everything I hate about football and that freak who was throwing the ball from the half way line into our box was celebrating like they had won the World Cup. At the end he ran and jumped in the air in front of the Upper, landing with both arms in a fist pump, not once but twice. Fooking bizarre; it's a 5th division footy match you goon.

In 50 years of following Town, it was the only time I felt compelled to throw something at a player.

At least they have players who get the ball in the box. His throws were a constant threat all afternoon. It's one of the most frequent events in football and we don't have anyone who can take a decent one. The last one we had was Mitch Rose and we had to wait 41 games for him to take one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
ginnywings
January 23, 2022, 7:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jamesgtfc

At least they have players who get the ball in the box. His throws were a constant threat all afternoon. It's one of the most frequent events in football and we don't have anyone who can take a decent one. The last one we had was Mitch Rose and we had to wait 41 games for him to take one.

We put loads of balls into the box without resorting to that tactic.

If you are happy with that style of football, then fair do's, but if we played like that every week, I would be doing something else with my weekends.

There is more to football than 3 points at all costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
Stadium
January 23, 2022, 8:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

If you are happy with that style of football, then fair do's, but if we played like that every week, I would be doing something else with my weekends.

What about if it led to a promotion to league football?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

Is there? We’re in The National League, Division 5, non league, call it what you like. One season in this league is a season too long.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
jamesgtfc
January 23, 2022, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings

Can you not play a decent brand of football but still throw a long ball into the box from a throw? A good throw can be as dangerous as a corner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
Yoda
January 23, 2022, 8:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
Let him have his 5 minutes in the sun.
He’ll go to Gillingham and fail.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
ginnywings
January 23, 2022, 8:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Can you not play a decent brand of football but still throw a long ball into the box from a throw? A good throw can be as dangerous as a corner.

Suppose so yeah, but his throws didn't actually lead to anything and it wasn't his throws that I was originally highlighting, but his behaviour after the final whistle. I mentioned his throws as a way of identifying a player whose name I don't know and don't want to know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
ginnywings
January 23, 2022, 8:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Is there? We’re in The National League, Division 5, non league, call it what you like. One season in this league is a season too long.

For me yes, but I don't think we are too good for division 5, unlike some posters.

We are in it whether we like it or not and it takes adjustment to get out of it. Teams that find themselves in Div 5 got there because they couldn't arrest the slide. Some keep going down to the next level before they stabilise.

Has Keith Hill up the road made any difference, despite his past successes at other clubs?

First you stop the rot, then you start to rebuild and turn the ship around. For me, PH hasn't yet had sufficient time to turn the ship around and should be given a bit more and I say that as someone who was a big critic of his first time around.

Others, including yourself think differently and that's fine. It's all opinion and maybe you are right and it will take a new manager to achieve what we all want, but it could just as likely go the other way.

Time, as always, will tell

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

For me yes, but I don't think we are too good for division 5, unlike some posters.

We are in it whether we like it or not and it takes adjustment to get out of it. Teams that find themselves in Div 5 got there because they couldn't arrest the slide. Some keep going down to the next level before they stabilise.

Has Keith Hill up the road made any difference, despite his past successes at other clubs?

First you stop the rot, then you start to rebuild and turn the ship around. For me, PH hasn't yet had sufficient time to turn the ship around and should be given a bit more and I say that as someone who was a big critic of his first time around.

Others, including yourself think differently and that's fine. It's all opinion and maybe you are right and it will take a new manager to achieve what we all want, but it could just as likely go the other way.

Time, as always, will tell

Unfair to compare us to Scunny.

Whatever Fenty did right or wrong, we never ended up in a position in the transfer market that Swann has put them in. It was brave, maybe arrogant or stupid, for Keith Hill to take the job with his hands already tied.
In comparison, Hurst has had a free ride up to now. In the eyes of many fans, his credits are running out.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andy Woodman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.