ska face
January 21, 2022, 11:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,513
Gold Stars: 831
Quoted from Teesknees
Can someone advise me here...my son wanted to take me to this game ( a belated Xmas present etc) but as we live in Northamptonshire we'd have to get tickets over the phone/interweb. I am a Club 1878 member, but after the season ticket holders get their tickets on a one for one basis are tickets then available to 1878 members on a one for one basis?  If so he'd have to join just to get two tickets?
Also can 1878 members get their tickets remotely?        

Always 1-for-1 until they reach general sale.

1878 members can buy online, the website recognises which kind of membership/ST status you have when you log in.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 91
Son of Cod
January 21, 2022, 12:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,327
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from toontown
Why oh why just 2000, the ground holds 20k FFS. I agree it might be enough but a couple of wins in the next 3 (and we have 2 home games) and it might not.

Notts police deal with forest home games in the championship every other week,surely they can manage a non league match in a large stadium without making it all ticket?

It's restricted because Notts didn't want to introduce COVID passes for potential gates over 10,000. So they wanted 8,000 for Notts fans. They restricted Wrexham to 1,200 at first and increased it. I think the COVID passes at events over 10,000 are being ditched now that Plan B restrictions are being scrapped. So hopefully, there's scope to increase our allocation if needed,

Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Lincoln and Mansfield are given 4k straight off. It is the only Saturday 3pm away game accessible directly by train. A couple of good results 2k will not be enough.  I've already requests for 8 tickets via my Trust membership but we are going to end up with restricted purchases and some bollocky drip feed of extra tickets...

What do you mean you've requested 8 through your trust membership? How does that work? I didn't even know that was a thing! How does that work in terms of priority against ST/1878 members?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 91
Limerick Mariner
January 21, 2022, 3:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,638
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's restricted because Notts didn't want to introduce COVID passes for potential gates over 10,000. So they wanted 8,000 for Notts fans. They restricted Wrexham to 1,200 at first and increased it. I think the COVID passes at events over 10,000 are being ditched now that Plan B restrictions are being scrapped. So hopefully, there's scope to increase our allocation if needed,

What do you mean you've requested 8 through your trust membership? How does that work? I didn't even know that was a thing! How does that work in terms of priority against ST/1878 members?

Sorry wasn't clear - I've already 8 people who want to go on our main jolly boys day out for the season (Brigg Mariners and exiled Brigg Mariners plus some of our kids who proudly have followed in our footsteps) - and I'm the one with Trust and 1878 membership so I'm the one who was going to get the tickets. I'd forgotten about Notts not wanting COVID passes so being restricted to 10k. Now this has gone there is no reason not give us 4k if needed and no reason for GTFC to restrict to 1 for 1 purchases.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 91
Teesknees
January 21, 2022, 4:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from ska face

Always 1-for-1 until they reach general sale.

1878 members can buy online, the website recognises which kind of membership/ST status you have when you log in.

Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose my son would have to become a 1878 member if we were to get two tickets sat together, otherwise he'd have to wait until they went on general sale and then we'd most likely be sat miles apart, if he managed to get a ticket!
It makes it an expensive day out if he was to join. He doesn't support Town so unlikely he'd use it again!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 91
Gaffer58
January 21, 2022, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,083
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Teesknees

Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose my son would have to become a 1878 member if we were to get two tickets sat together, otherwise he'd have to wait until they went on general sale and then we'd most likely be sat miles apart, if he managed to get a ticket!
It makes it an expensive day out if he was to join. He doesn't support Town so unlikely he'd use it again!

He doesn’t support Town ? What sort of father are you ?🤣
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 91
ska face
January 22, 2022, 2:14am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,513
Gold Stars: 831
Quoted from Teesknees

The other option is for him to buy a Trust membership at ÂŁ12 (if paid monthly, ÂŁ15 as a one-off).

Would need to wait an extra day until 1878 members have had their chance to buy but given that there are only approx. 150 1878 members, might be worth taking a punt? Suppose it’s a case of whether the additional £13 is worth potentially missing out altogether by waiting another day.

Hope you get sorted.  
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 91
AussieMariner
January 22, 2022, 3:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Does anyone know if the seats will be allocated or is it general admission?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 91
Grantham_Mariner
January 22, 2022, 9:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,170
Gold Stars: 50
As we are printing the tickets I would think it will be sit anywhere as we will unlikely have a seating plan that can be used on our system.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 91
Norseman
January 22, 2022, 11:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
Was going but after today it's bad enough driving home 15 minutes in a foul mood .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 91
aldi_01
January 23, 2022, 6:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from AussieMariner
Does anyone know if the seats will be allocated or is it general admission?

There’s always one plank/amateur at away games thag wants to sit in the seat printed on the ticket…even though it’s quite clearly general admission…I removed this happened at scunny away of all places…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.