Son of Cod
January 16, 2022, 9:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,323
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from gtfc_chris
I think avoiding defeat against Bromley, Wrexham would be considered positive. Notts County could be the pivotal game. With the support we're likely to take and - hopefully - on the back of a short unbeaten run, if we can get a win there I reckon that could be the springboard to pull a good winning run together in February.

Personally I want to see us trounce Bromley and I want Hurst fist pumping in front of their bench. His team talk is done for that one already, the players shouldn't need any motive to be up for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
DB
January 17, 2022, 3:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,873
Gold Stars: 383
Looking at the next 9 games 7 of them should be wins, especially the home games. The away at Notts County and Wrexham could reap 4 points between them or 2 points at least. So for me a minimum of 23 points and a secure place in the playoffs.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
ginnywings
January 17, 2022, 3:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from DB
Looking at the next 9 games 7 of them should be wins, especially the home games. The away at Notts County and Wrexham could reap 4 points between them or 2 points at least. So for me a minimum of 23 points and a secure place in the playoffs.

If only it were that simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
DB
January 17, 2022, 5:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,873
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from ginnywings

If only it were that simple.

You know me, optimistic and positive now our blip is out of the way.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
gtfc_chris
January 17, 2022, 10:32am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,446
Gold Stars: 110
Quoted from Son of Cod

Personally I want to see us trounce Bromley and I want Hurst fist pumping in front of their bench. His team talk is done for that one already, the players shouldn't need any motive to be up for it.

I'd love to see it but given that one game doesn't constitute a turnaround of fortunes I'd settle for a point against a team performing well this year. Any kind of win against them you'd think would give the players another confidence boost going into the Wrexham game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
chaos33
January 17, 2022, 11:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
I’d take winning the home games and drawing the away.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
The Yard Dog
January 17, 2022, 3:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from chaos33
I’d take winning the home games and drawing the away.

We have only dropped 8 points at home season (Halifax, Chesterfield & Notts County), two of those games we lost in the last few minutes, our problem has been on the road, only won three games and drawn two taking a possible of 8 points from 33. Just 2 more away wins would have us right in the mix, rather than just outside the play-offs.

Out of the 10 top we and Dagenham heve lost the most games (, on the plus side we have drawn the least (3) along with Dagenham.

So we need to keep up the home form, while improving the away form and not drawing too many.

It was not a loss of form, that has us in this position, you don't just go form free scoring leaders, to a bunch that could not score in a brothel, what ever was the problem, lets hope Saturday's win over Altrincham kicks starts our season.

Onwards and upwards.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.