2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
January 16, 2022, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Including yesterday we have 5 home games out of the next 7.  Then we play 2 struggling teams;  Southend and Dover away.  Most are very winnable games.

Home games against Wealdstone, Aldershot and Kings Lynn look very good for us, on paper at least.

At the other end of the spectrum we have 3 challenging games;  Bromley at home and Wrexham and Notts County away.

The team can push on now and hopefully climb the table.  We have McAtee back, Wright back and new players (and other arrivals probably) to continue the revival evident yesterday.  

Things look much better than during our long losing spell.

Logged Offline
Private Message
TownSNAFU5
January 16, 2022, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Just checked.  We play 6 of the bottom 8 teams by the end of Feb.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Mariner_09
January 16, 2022, 11:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
If we do now click into some sort of form, we know the side is capable of much better than what we saw prior to yesterday, then we'll find ourselves rocketing up the table as we'll be beating sides directly above us. One small thing is, despite deservedly winning yesterday, it took two moments of absolute quality to beat a really rubbish side. Hursty spoke about how we get ourselves into so many good positions and we need to be faster and more clinical to fashion better opportunities and score more goals. Hopefully, that comes with increasing confidence.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Rodley Mariner
January 16, 2022, 12:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Win our home games and start picking up some points on the road and we can still be in play offs. Winning them is going to be really tough unless you finish 2nd or 3rd which feels a stretch but if you're in you've got a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
mimma
January 16, 2022, 2:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
It's confidence that is holding us back, but by winning the confidence returns and we will start to play like we did at the start of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
lukeo
January 16, 2022, 4:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Win all the home games. Try snatch the odd point away from home. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
ginnywings
January 16, 2022, 5:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Bromley have a pretty similar record to us and are one of the teams we need to rein in if we're to get back into the play off spots. Don't think we need fear anyone at BP, but we could do with getting our away form on the up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
gtfc_chris
January 16, 2022, 8:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,446
Gold Stars: 110
I think avoiding defeat against Bromley, Wrexham would be considered positive. Notts County could be the pivotal game. With the support we're likely to take and - hopefully - on the back of a short unbeaten run, if we can get a win there I reckon that could be the springboard to pull a good winning run together in February.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
MuddyWaters
January 16, 2022, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Boring I know, but it’s important to focus on each game as it comes. There’s no doubt that we have a favourable run of fixtures ahead but we still need squad additions, players back from injury and a good amount of good fortune. Let’s be the twelfth man and see where it gets us.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
GrimRob
January 16, 2022, 9:32pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from lukeo
Win all the home games. Try snatch the odd point away from home. UTM

If we're good enough to win every home game then we're definitely better than "the odd point" away. I reckon at least half the away games we should expect to win! I'd settle for "the odd point" against the top 10 away. We need to average somewhere a bit under 2 points a game for the rest of the season I reckon.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next 9 games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.