Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 400 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,118 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
January 15, 2022, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
We created 2 or 3 good chances in the first half but in reality it wasn't up to much

Great start in the second half with what could be goal of the season and after that I thought we showed some good stuff similar to how we played earlier on in the season.

If I had to pick a man of the match my vote would go to Amos, for someone who has hardly played a League game in his career and not played for weeks he looked assured and always looked to pass the ball and did so really well.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
Fillipe Noche
January 15, 2022, 10:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
An okay performance against dire opposition, made all the better by two moments of magic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
Poojah
January 15, 2022, 11:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
I can’t really add much more to Ginny’s excellent summary, other than to say that perversely there’s a part of me that wishes those two stunning goals were 5 yard tap-ins.

We won’t score goals like that every game, and if I can be critical of anything today in what I thought was a really good performance on the whole, it’s that we don’t seem to be getting away many shots from inside the box and haven’t for some time now.

Altrincham surprised me, not just in terms of how poor they were, but how they came with the sole intention of being frustrating, cynical and nothing else. Having seen how well they knocked the ball about at their place, I was hoping for a good game of football today but they didn’t deliver on their side of the bargain today. I thought they were better than the account they gave of themselves today.

New lads both did really well I thought, especially in terms of distribution. For once I thought we were excellent in midfield and both Fox and Coke were superb - Coke giving a performance I had honestly wondered if he still had in him.

All in all, a decent day at the office under the circumstances.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
ancientmariner54
January 16, 2022, 1:07am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -200
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from wekeepdreaming
We played against a very poor team and we still looked average , wake up and smell the coffee we are a mid table team area best , don’t sugar coat a 2-0 win against a poor side as great win and we are back.

Apart from two absolutely great strikes we was average and below . I have seen better on a Sunday morning at Bradley

No u haven't
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
aldi_01
January 16, 2022, 8:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I wondered if their cynical, time wasting, ‘professionalism’ was brought on by their lack of realising how poor we’ve been? When we played them their manager was full of compliments for us, and understandably so at the time. Perhaps he believed that the run we are on, a woeful run, still wasn’t worth the risk of trying to knock it about against us.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
wekeepdreaming
January 16, 2022, 8:38am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -150
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ancientmariner54

No u haven't

Yes I have , and they was under 8’s
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
HertsGTFC
January 16, 2022, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from arryarryarry
We created 2 or 3 good chances in the first half but in reality it wasn't up to much

Great start in the second half with what could be goal of the season and after that I thought we showed some good stuff similar to how we played earlier on in the season.

If I had to pick a man of the match my vote would go to Amos, for someone who has hardly played a League game in his career and not played for weeks he looked assured and always looked to pass the ball and did so really well.

It was a great start to the 2nd half and it looked like the players where enjoying themselves again!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
Posh Harry
January 16, 2022, 9:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34

You must be 9 then as you clearly aren’t old enough to have had any English lessons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
thefish
January 16, 2022, 9:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67

That explains a lot. Behave at school tomorrow and listen carefully when the teacher is explaining basic grammar and punctuation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
newarkmariner
January 16, 2022, 9:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
We played against a very poor team and we still looked average , wake up and smell the coffee we are a mid table team area best , don’t sugar coat a 2-0 win against a poor side as great win and we are back.

Apart from two absolutely great strikes we was average and below . I have seen better on a Sunday morning at Bradley

what an absolute whopper,you my friend are a shoe in for twit off the week,and probably for a few weeks after that,unbelievable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.