Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,178 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincspoacher
January 15, 2022, 7:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +284
Gold Stars: 15
Been, back and just had tea.

A dominant performance against a very poor Altrincham team. However, perhaps just what we needed.

I won’t repeat the opening post on this thread, as that nailed the feedback. However, we created opportunities and had the ball in dangerous areas at least 20 times and that final ball or the lack of threat from Taylor (who did play well, held the ball up superbly and did his job) was still missing. That’s why we have lost some games 1-0 when it’s been close imho.

3 points off play offs despite a poor run. Foundations are there if we can sign a quality forward into the squad at this level to support Taylor and Mcatee

I did see some confidence return today in the last 15 as well and that counts for a lot hopefully
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
fishcake63
January 15, 2022, 7:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
Thought amos was good to say not played for ages , smith steady enough , we had to beat them thought they looked perhaps the worse team we seen , should have won by more but soon all our chances will go in & hope it's next week we owe bromley bigtime after there antics in away game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
Perkins
January 15, 2022, 8:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from wekeepdreaming
We played against a very poor team and we still looked average , wake up and smell the coffee we are a mid table team area best , don’t sugar coat a 2-0 win against a poor side as great win and we are back.

Apart from two absolutely great strikes we was average and below . I have seen better on a Sunday morning at Bradley

You know very well you havent, now stop telling fibs and finish your Din Dins

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
Northbank Mariner
January 15, 2022, 8:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
First half we were a bit edgy and rushed things, crowd were very quiet and you could feel the nerves.
Second half kicked off and we went after them, upped the tempo, passed better and it was only going 1 way.
Altrincham were poor, very poor tbh but we played some decent stuff and Coke n Fox bossed the midfield, in fact Coke was superb, even had a couple of decent forward runs carrying the ball..
Smith, Impressed me, Amos, really good and I may say a potential upgrade on Crookes but MOM has to go the Macatee, there's goals then there's that goal, wow, just wow ..
All in all, gets back to winning ways and let's hope we can kick on from here and it's not just a flash in the pan .. UTM ⚪⚫
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
BottesfordMariner
January 15, 2022, 8:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
First and foremost an important win and 3pts

A decent performance and deserved win against a team who are clearly in a bad run themselves. Altrincham rarely threatened us

Thought the 2 debutants did well.

And 2 fantastic goals worthy to grace any match.

But we still look someway off being a promotion team

Whilst we get into some good areas at times and promising situations we lack that clinical finishing required to win games regularly.

We aren't going to conjour up moments of individual magic like today every game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
moosey_club
January 15, 2022, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from barralad
Agree with all of that mate. Two very special goals.
Coke had his best game in a Town shirt by a very long way. So good were he and Fox together that we didn't miss Clifton.
Special mention to Shaun Pearson for his lung busting 70? yard run fairly late on. He and Waterfall make a very good pairing at centre back. Altrincham weren't a patch on the side that played us back in October.

Alty weren't any good in that game until we went a man down to be fair.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2022, 9:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
If anyone thinks there is anything wrong behind the scenes I think today should answer that question though we where a bit hit and miss and clunky the effort and application was good against a team with no real quality who just came to break up any momentum we tried to get.

We did try and pass the ball sometimes we did it well sometimes we could have done it much better. We made some snap decisions in the final 3rd when more composers was possibly required and though they weren’t a credible threat we defended well. All in all we looked like a team trying to find our way which after such a bad run I guess we where.

Two good debuts, two excellent strikes and 3 points in the bag. Bigger tests ahead but a good win to try and get us back on track.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
wekeepdreaming
January 15, 2022, 9:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -150
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Perkins

You know very well you havent, now stop telling fibs and finish your Din Dins

Yes I have and I have played in better teams.

We are poor , accept it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
ginnywings
January 15, 2022, 9:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548

We are poor , accept it

On Bradley pitches?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
Perkins
January 15, 2022, 9:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7

We are poor , accept it

Do tell all, can't wait. Yawn

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.