Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 8,181 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 15, 2022, 5:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Two goals worth the entrance fee. The second was good but the first was a Wow! Absolutely superb volley that flew into the top corner. Brilliant.

Altrincham were poor and barely troubled us apart from a little flurry in the first ten minutes. They were there for the taking but the question was whether we could finish them off. Didn't look like it first half and again, we squandered many good situations but you felt it was only a matter of time. Didn't take long in the second half but it was a special goal that broke the resistance. For a while after that they were wobbling but we couldn't apply the coup de gras until late in the game when JMD kept his cool and planted the ball in the same top corner as McAtee earlier when a mix up gave him the chance. He finished it expertly.

Thought the two new lads fitted in seamlessly but to be fair they had very little to do defending. Both looked cool on the ball but I was very impressed with Amos. Excellent passing and movement from the back and looks very mobile. His passing was crisp and precise and I think he may have been my MOM. Impressive.

Thought Coke and Fox were very good in midfield and Sousa again looked good until the final third. When Max came on for him, the quality of the crossing went up immediately and I hope he can stay fit and get a run of games.

A game we never looked in danger of losing but tougher tests to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 15, 2022, 5:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Mcatee is the son of god

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
buckstown
January 15, 2022, 5:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
I was getting worried about you Ginny, bit late with the just back thread. Did you go for a swift half after to celebrate the win?
Couldn't listen to the game this afternoon so been waiting for this. Pleased to hear good things about the new guys and a very welcome 3 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
barralad
January 15, 2022, 5:51pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Agree with all of that mate. Two very special goals.
Coke had his best game in a Town shirt by a very long way. So good were he and Fox together that we didn't miss Clifton.
Special mention to Shaun Pearson for his lung busting 70? yard run fairly late on. He and Waterfall make a very good pairing at centre back. Altrincham weren't a patch on the side that played us back in October.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
wekeepdreaming
January 15, 2022, 5:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -150
Gold Stars: 4
We played against a very poor team and we still looked average , wake up and smell the coffee we are a mid table team area best , don’t sugar coat a 2-0 win against a poor side as great win and we are back.

Apart from two absolutely great strikes we was average and below . I have seen better on a Sunday morning at Bradley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
marinette
January 15, 2022, 5:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Very welcome three points - we all needed that.

First half was a bit nondescript although Town always looked the better team.  The Altrincham goalkeeper's leisurely manner and their defenders throwing themselves to the ground when under threat didn't make for a great spectacle.

Obviously, the whole thing got a lot more interesting in the second half (and their goalkeeper got his just desserts).  Two fab goals.  The new players didn't look bad, either.

McAtee was my man of the match - very dynamic and I loved his goal.  I wouldn't say he's the son of God, but he does have a habit of rising again when he's on the ground and you think all is lost.  He usually manages to come away with the ball, too.  Love to watch him play and he adds something very special to the team.  (Also loved Shaun's little foray into their half - he seemed to be going for goal, too - brilliant stuff).

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
ginnywings
January 15, 2022, 6:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from buckstown
I was getting worried about you Ginny, bit late with the just back thread. Did you go for a swift half after to celebrate the win?
Couldn't listen to the game this afternoon so been waiting for this. Pleased to hear good things about the new guys and a very welcome 3 points

The other lads I went with went for a beer and I very nearly went myself but not been too well over the Christmas break, so took a slooow walk home. Not quite back up to speed yet but getting there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
ginnywings
January 15, 2022, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from wekeepdreaming
We played against a very poor team and we still looked average , wake up and smell the coffee we are a mid table team area best , don’t sugar coat a 2-0 win against a poor side as great win and we are back.

Apart from two absolutely great strikes we was average and below . I have seen better on a Sunday morning at Bradley

Suggest you keep in that dream state mate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
lukeo
January 15, 2022, 6:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Listened to commentary and we sounded decent and create alot of chances. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
wekeepdreaming
January 15, 2022, 6:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -150
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ginnywings

Suggest you keep in that dream state mate.

You obviously watch different football to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.