jamesgtfc
January 16, 2022, 8:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Maringer
Amos fired a few fast passes forward - and with both feet, which was encouraging. Looked weaker in the air than Crookes, but a bit quicker. You can't have everything in a 5th level defender so that's fair enough. I think Crookes will have a fight on his hands to get his place back.

There was one cross that he drilled low across the box at pace which caught everyone by surprise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
gtfc_chris
January 16, 2022, 8:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 114
I thought both Amos and Smith had solid debuts. Altrincham are probably the least dangerous side I've seen this season so far, so I'm sure they'll get tougher tests in the weeks ahead but if they improve as they go with their teammates then we may have added some worthwhile players into the mix.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
diehardmariner
January 17, 2022, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
I thought both had great debuts.  As mentioned above, almost the perfect scenario to make your debut considering 50% of your defence are new and in a side that's struggling for form.  Not tested massively defensively and afforded plenty of time to get bedded in.

Smith's last ditch intervention was much needed as that could have gone badly wrong and seen us facing a side that were wasting time and defended deep when 1-0 down, never mind if they had taken an early lead.

I actually thought initially we lined up with a back three and Amos and Maguire-Drew as wing-backs in a four man midfield, soon changed to a quite obvious back four though.  Smith looked fairly quick and I do wonder if he'll be moved inside when Efete is back.  I like both Waterfall and Pearson but do think we look suspect to balls clipped over the top with them as a pair.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Andy Smith

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.