12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
January 13, 2022, 11:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Didn't Stockwood say they've spent £3m on this of their own money already? Ok a large chunk of that was buying up all the necessary shares, but that figure suggests they've spent considerably so far on the work that's taken place. I'd hardly call spending that sort of money minor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 115
chaos33
January 13, 2022, 11:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from pen penfras

What major improvements have we seen? Communications that have similar content, but delivered much better. A playing team that has looked short from the off. A website that's slightly better, but looks very similar to the old one. A self inflicted shot in the foot with changing a badge that was against the principles that they developed. Every interview is about being sustainable, which is what we've spent 20 years doing. A new barrier that cost about the same as the top scorer in the league. Some sprinklers that mean we can water the pitch at half time.

It's progress, but it's not major. But the problem is not with the off the field, it's the fact that we have under spent on the team or poorly spent on it. This was the biggest income we are going to have down here short of some 'football fortune', and we know how well waiting for that has worked.

The loans aren't the problem, even the new guys said so. There was a large chunk of them in the bank account and normally new buyers would just pay off the old guy straight away to get a clean break. These were their terms and they've said they expect any money they put in to be paid back too, just through equity rather than loans.

‘A playing team that has looked short from the off’?!
You know that period when we were winning lots, playing great stuff and were top?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 115
Grantley
January 13, 2022, 11:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quite a claim that the glass barrier cost £250000 as well…

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 115
ginnywings
January 13, 2022, 11:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GibMariner

Still an apologist then Ginny.

Stability is built on something solid and approaching 30 sinings since Hursts arrival he’s had ample opportunity me thinks.

I don’t expect to win the Leauge but 1 win in 11 will not inspire good players to come.

This carries on and the place will be toxic.

They say there’s money available, so I don’t get why we have waited until the window to sort this as there are plenty of pickings at our level and below.

Apologies for not being an apologist.

If you want to label me an apologist, then crack on. If you think ranting about Hurst on here will make any difference to the situation, then again, keep spouting your bile.

The easiest thing in the world is to criticise with no knowledge of, or responsibility for the situation.

If you want to turn the place 'toxic' as you put it, then again feel free to go in the Main stand and hurl abuse at PH. I'm sure it will help.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 115
chaos33
January 13, 2022, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
What are you meant to be ‘apologising’ for anyway Ginny?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 115
lukeo
January 13, 2022, 11:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,354
Gold Stars: 143
Go away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 115
Northbank Mariner
January 13, 2022, 11:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras

What major improvements have we seen? Communications that have similar content, but delivered much better. A playing team that has looked short from the off. A website that's slightly better, but looks very similar to the old one. A self inflicted shot in the foot with changing a badge that was against the principles that they developed. Every interview is about being sustainable, which is what we've spent 20 years doing. A new barrier that cost about the same as the top scorer in the league. Some sprinklers that mean we can water the pitch at half time.

It's progress, but it's not major. But the problem is not with the off the field, it's the fact that we have under spent on the team or poorly spent on it. This was the biggest income we are going to have down here short of some 'football fortune', and we know how well waiting for that has worked.

The loans aren't the problem, even the new guys said so. There was a large chunk of them in the bank account and normally new buyers would just pay off the old guy straight away to get a clean break. These were their terms and they've said they expect any money they put in to be paid back too, just through equity rather than loans.

What a crock of crap you've spouted there...most of that's on field, I pulled you up on off field!..
Website, we now own our own, not a Lego kit from the EFL, new ticketing system, new training facilities, gym pitch (it's full size now btw), new chefs(nutrionalists), masseurs, analyst, kitman (saves McKeowns wife doing it all, bless her).
And as for commutation, unlike Fenty when these gor it wrong they owned it, didn't send out a merlot ridden ramble at half past boll@x o'clock!..
Shall I carry on?..oh, yes I forgot, we now have round practice balls!..
While Fenty is still pulling this club down(paying his dead weight loans back) we all know the playing budget will be badly affected, get rid of that leper then we'd have half a chance if a bigger playing budget!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 115
ginnywings
January 13, 2022, 11:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The reality is that we’re going backwards at present. I certainly didn’t envisage our squad needing major surgery just to get a team on the pitch but it does.

For all the hype, not much has actually changed.

'At present' being the key phrase.

I think you are being overly dramatic to say the squad needs major surgery just to get a team on the pitch.

I'm sure I saw us outplay the current league leaders last Saturday with a strong looking side, which was virtually the same team that was winning every week earlier in the season. The missing parts being Towler and now Hunt, who have both been recalled. Replacing them will be difficult and may not happen for a while, or at all, but it was PH who got them here and I'm sure he's trying hard to find replacements.

Considering the complete pile of dogsh1t left by Holloway, I think the squad is massively improved and would probably hold it's own in league 2.

Yes, there is room for improvement, we all know that, so let's see what the coming fortnight brings before writing off all and sundry.

I know I'm banging a drum that others want to put their big boot through, but hey ho.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 115
Jarmo.Is.God
January 13, 2022, 12:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from pen penfras

Hurst and the owners have said the money is there,
Hurst is the total opposite to Steve Evans, he will only spend when it's right, and if that means not spending at all, he won't do it.

They apologised about the badge instantly...

The Barrier and sprinkers are catching up to other clubs, something that make a big difference to the feel of the place

Wrexham are 'apparently' paying players 4k a week
Stockport are 'apparently' paying players 3k a week
Chesterfield are 'apparently' paying players 2.5k a week.

I wonder what Sutton players wages was last season....

Spending doesn't mean you get promoted unfortunately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 115
ginnywings
January 13, 2022, 12:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from chaos33
What are you meant to be ‘apologising’ for anyway Ginny?

It seems like guilt by association. If I'm not condemning, then I'm part of the problem

Apologist, happy clapper, accepting mediocrity are all terms that get thrown about by people who actually think it makes a difference.

I suppose some see those who have a more balanced argument as not caring enough. We should be storming the ramparts.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.