January 12, 2022, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HerveJosse

So it’s an assumption then

I know a couple of lads who have been at Prem clubs in the last few years. Both have been on more than 100k a year.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 115
HerveJosse
January 12, 2022, 9:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,121
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I know a couple of lads who have been at Prem clubs in the last few years. Both have been on more than 100k a year.

In case you didn’t get it Bagapa is not at a Premier League club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 115
ginnywings
January 12, 2022, 9:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from HerveJosse

And what about the teams that didn’t take long to bounce back . Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham , Leyton Orient, Tranmere.

What about them?

I've provided evidence and stats that back up my opinion that changing managers doesn't necessarily work and that dropping to non league is difficult to adjust to, especially as the club has probably been on a downward spiral for years.

You have replied with whataboutery.

For every team that bounces back quickly, there are scores that don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 115
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2022, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

In case you didn’t get it Bagapa is not at a Premier League club

Revan is. So were my friends sons.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 115
HerveJosse
January 12, 2022, 10:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Revan is. So were my friends sons.

Revan is an 18 year old technically he is on loan from Aston Villa under 23,s . If you think we are paying more then a few hundred pounds a week you are misguided. We didn’t send him back he was recalled which says it all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 115
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2022, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Revan is an 18 year old technically he is on loan from Aston Villa under 23,s . If you think we are paying more then a few hundred pounds a week you are misguided. We didn’t send him back he was recalled which says it all.

The point was what young players are getting paid, not what we are paying to loan them.

This is probably why Andrew Pettit wants us to sign players on a permanent basis rather than subsidise other clubs’ academies.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 115
HerveJosse
January 12, 2022, 10:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

What about them?

I've provided evidence and stats that back up my opinion that changing managers doesn't necessarily work and that dropping to non league is difficult to adjust to, especially as the club has probably been on a downward spiral for years.

You have replied with whataboutery.

For every team that bounces back quickly, there are scores that don't.

I think more accurately it is easier to remember the  teams that stay in the National League and support your arguement such as Chesterfield and easier to forget the ones that don’t stay there and return . For proper football clubs which I include us as one I think the ratio is more like 50/50 and I would rather be in the positive 50 percent then the negative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 115
jamesgtfc
January 12, 2022, 10:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from HerveJosse

So it’s an assumption then

The rumour is that Alex Hunt earns significantly more than your average doctor. He's 21 years old and played 33 senior games; most of which have been in the last few months for a mid-table National League team.

It's a well known fact that young players higher up the pyramid are earning money most of us can only dream of without even playing a first team game.

Some earn less admittedly. Matty Longstaff was apparently playing in the Premier League on a mere £850 a week last season but isn't that still a lot of money for an 18 year old to earn?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 115
Vance Warner
January 12, 2022, 10:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Some surprisingly rational comments on this thread and general agreement about where we are at. If we don’t make the play offs then finishing position doesn’t really matter as long as we are showing signs that we are improving for a promotion push next season. Paul Hurst has always improved us year on year so I’m confident he’ll do the same. If not then our owners haven’t got to where that have in life by being afraid to make tough decisions if they think it’s in the best interests of the business. I don’t want a change anytime soon but if it did happen I’d certainly to expect the recruitment process to be superior to anything we’ve had in the last 20 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 115
forza ivano
January 12, 2022, 10:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HerveJosse

I think more accurately it is easier to remember the  teams that stay in the National League and support your arguement such as Chesterfield and easier to forget the ones that don’t stay there and return . For proper football clubs which I include us as one I think the ratio is more like 50/50 and I would rather be in the positive 50 percent then the negative.

You might be right, but hardly any, particularly in the last 10 years, have bounced straight back.imho it was always unrealistic to think wed buck the trend, given the mess fenty and holloway left us in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.