pen penfras
January 13, 2022, 1:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

What a crock of crap you've spouted there...most of that's on field, I pulled you up on off field!..
Website, we now own our own, not a Lego kit from the EFL, new ticketing system, new training facilities, gym pitch (it's full size now btw), new chefs(nutrionalists), masseurs, analyst, kitman (saves McKeowns wife doing it all, bless her).
And as for commutation, unlike Fenty when these gor it wrong they owned it, didn't send out a merlot ridden ramble at half past boll@x o'clock!..
Shall I carry on?..oh, yes I forgot, we now have round practice balls!..
While Fenty is still pulling this club down(paying his dead weight loans back) we all know the playing budget will be badly affected, get rid of that leper then we'd have half a chance if a bigger playing budget!..

I said there's been an improvement. It's not major is it. What difference does owning a website make when the content is virtually identical. It's better, but not massively different. Ticketing system was nothing to do with them. New training facilities are minor, not major, no matter what anybody says, a portacabin isn't state of the art. We've had analysts before.

Yes, things have improved, but calling any of this major is laughable. And to think that anybody really cares when we can't score a goal is equally laughable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 115
ska face
January 13, 2022, 1:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from pen penfras

And to think that anybody really cares when we can't score a goal is equally laughable.

…and yet, here you are, 11 pages in, still ranting away.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 115
Northbank Mariner
January 13, 2022, 1:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from pen penfras

I said there's been an improvement. It's not major is it. What difference does owning a website make when the content is virtually identical. It's better, but not massively different. Ticketing system was nothing to do with them. New training facilities are minor, not major, no matter what anybody says, a portacabin isn't state of the art. We've had analysts before.

Yes, things have improved, but calling any of this major is laughable. And to think that anybody really cares when we can't score a goal is equally laughable.

Honestly, I think you believe your own rubbish!..improved training facilities are minor?..give your head a wobble, you're getting silly now..better fitness facilities, better treatment for the players, a pitch they can actually use...and it's not about the building it's about what's inside and all your pal Fenty did was ensure that the dartboard was replaced!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 115
Northbank Mariner
January 13, 2022, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ska face

He'll try anything to debunk the new ownership and attempt to compare it to JSFs realm, laughable, honestly it really is..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 115
chaos33
January 13, 2022, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from ska face

Ah….bitterness …..the gift that keeps on giving 😉

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 115
jamesgtfc
January 13, 2022, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Honestly, I think you believe your own rubbish!..improved training facilities are minor?..give your head a wobble, you're getting silly now..better fitness facilities, better treatment for the players, a pitch they can actually use...and it's not about the building it's about what's inside and all your pal Fenty did was ensure that the dartboard was replaced!..

Major improvements would be something like what Lincoln did, spending a lot of their FA Cup money on new facilities opposite RAF Scampton.

Not saying any of it wasn't required but:

Lick of paint: minor
Another portakabin: minor
A bit more gym equipment: minor
Another physio bed: minor
Improvements to the turf: unsure what we did to it

From what I can see, Cheapside doesn't suddenly look state of the art. Staff cars are still under threat from the wayward shooting of misfiring strikers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 115
quebec38
January 13, 2022, 2:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
What would peoples thoughts be on dropping Sousa this weekend?

I’ll start by saying he is probably my second favourite player behind McAtee, but he doesn’t score and I can hardly remember him assisting anything either. I already feel like there is more end product in JMD from the right so what about Wright on the left from the start or Scannell (can he play on the left.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 115
Northbank Mariner
January 13, 2022, 2:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Major improvements would be something like what Lincoln did, spending a lot of their FA Cup money on new facilities opposite RAF Scampton.

Another portakabin: minor - better facilities for the staff, rest rooms, changing rooms, no longer getting changed in their cars
A bit more gym equipment: minor - but more than a little, plus its now top end and not sports direct rejects.
Another physio bed: minor - 2, new room and employed masseur
Improvements to the turf: unsure what we did to it - Sorted the drainage out, relaid parts of it to make it usable.

From what I can see, Cheapside doesn't suddenly look state of the art. Staff cars are still under threat from the wayward shooting of misfiring strikers.

Another one who doesn't see that as "major" changes to what we had...
Our facilities were p!ss poor at best and when the players even say "it now feels like we are at a professional club" says it all!..
You are correct at what Lincoln did but that wasn't major that was seismic and cannot be compared to our improvements, in the words of Simon Jordan "you're comparing apples with oranges"!..
And let's forget how the pitch at BP was neglected due to penny pinching!..and god only knows the state of things behind the scenes, certainly when the new owners admitted it was worse than they'd thought;..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 115
Chrisblor
January 13, 2022, 2:32pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Another portakabin: minor
A bit more gym equipment: minor
Another physio bed: minor
Improvements to the turf: unsure what we did to it

Well I mean the club have been telling us for months they're in the process of trying to get a new training ground built somewhere in the area, so as an interim solution until that happens the upgrades to Cheapside are entirely reasonable if we're expecting to leave it in the short to medium term.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 115
gtfc_chris
January 13, 2022, 2:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,446
Gold Stars: 110
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Hurst and the owners have said the money is there,
Hurst is the total opposite to Steve Evans, he will only spend when it's right, and if that means not spending at all, he won't do it.

They apologised about the badge instantly...

The Barrier and sprinkers are catching up to other clubs, something that make a big difference to the feel of the place

Wrexham are 'apparently' paying players 4k a week
Stockport are 'apparently' paying players 3k a week
Chesterfield are 'apparently' paying players 2.5k a week.

I wonder what Sutton players wages was last season....

Spending doesn't mean you get promoted unfortunately.

https://salarysport.com/football/   I highly doubt the accuracy across the board of this site but I found this a while back and at the very least found it interesting to see the figures. Sadly it doesn't have NL team and although teams seem to be updated with new players from last season, there's some that are still on since departing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.