2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Mrbump53
January 12, 2022, 3:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Having been one of the many who went last night both phrases "we didn't deserve to lose" and "we didn't deserve to win" were applicable in equal measure. True we failed to put any real pressure on their goalie but the same could be said of the team we were playing (and they are top of the league).

The penalty decision looked harsh as the player seemed to be stumbling but obviously felt so contact and went down like a lead balloon. So the difference over the last two games against Halifax are a goalkeeper error (not being able to deflect the ball to safety) and a harsh penalty decision. Does this mean that we are in "freefall" ? I don't think so but the manager is aware of the weaknesses currently and needs to be given sometime to correct this.

How long? This is down to the board and not us and I don't hold any allegiance to the current manager or agree always with his decisions but he is the manager and that's his job. I want to see town consistently play well and win so I am accepting that I need to let the manager do his job and see what develops. Having supported the mariners for over 40 years I am patient to a degree and improvement is needed and also have learnt over the years supporting town is like a rollercoaster.

However, I don't agree with things such as booing the players off the pitch as what happened last night as this just reduces morale and confidence further and potentially adds to poor performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
barralad
January 12, 2022, 4:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
I'm struggling to understand why fans felt the need to boo the players off. We lost 1-0 to the team at the top of the league. The performances at any of the previous four away games were significantly worse

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Mariner_501
January 12, 2022, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 27
We lost. That’s it. Like just about every other flipping game recently. Always an excuse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
arryarryarry
January 12, 2022, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mrbump53
Having been one of the many who went last night both phrases "we didn't deserve to lose" and "we didn't deserve to win" were applicable in equal measure. True we failed to put any real pressure on their goalie but the same could be said of the team we were playing (and they are top of the league).

The penalty decision looked harsh as the player seemed to be stumbling but obviously felt so contact and went down like a lead balloon. So the difference over the last two games against Halifax are a goalkeeper error (not being able to deflect the ball to safety) and a harsh penalty decision. Does this mean that we are in "freefall" ? I don't think so but the manager is aware of the weaknesses currently and needs to be given sometime to correct this.

How long? This is down to the board and not us and I don't hold any allegiance to the current manager or agree always with his decisions but he is the manager and that's his job. I want to see town consistently play well and win so I am accepting that I need to let the manager do his job and see what develops. Having supported the mariners for over 40 years I am patient to a degree and improvement is needed and also have learnt over the years supporting town is like a rollercoaster.

However, I don't agree with things such as booing the players off the pitch as what happened last night as this just reduces morale and confidence further and potentially adds to poor performances.

What would you call being 14 points behind the League leaders after being top?
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Didn’t Deserve To Lose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.