4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
January 12, 2022, 7:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
So with these two now fit for several weeks but not match fit, the question for me is why hasn't Hurst made them available for short term loans.

If he'd done that a month ago these two would be back ready to slot straight in (or would have broken down again potentially but would that be any different to the lack of minutes they get anway).

With no reserve games I really can't understand the thinking here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
January 12, 2022, 7:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
He clearly doesnt fancy them for whatever reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
pizzzza
January 12, 2022, 9:43am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Prediction: Whenever Grant leaves GTFC he will have played in exactly 0 matches for Town
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2022, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Hagrid
He clearly doesnt fancy them for whatever reason.

I’m struggling to see why Hurst kept Scannell on if he’s not prepared to play him.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
Grantham_Mariner
January 12, 2022, 9:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from pizzzza
Prediction: Whenever Grant leaves GTFC he will have played in exactly 0 matches for Town

Apart from coming on as substitute last night and against Kiddy in the cup.  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
bobbyturtle
January 12, 2022, 9:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Scannel's shirt has had more minutes them him this season!

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Son of Cod
January 12, 2022, 11:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
So with these two now fit for several weeks but not match fit, the question for me is why hasn't Hurst made them available for short term loans.

If he'd done that a month ago these two would be back ready to slot straight in (or would have broken down again potentially but would that be any different to the lack of minutes they get anway).

With no reserve games I really can't understand the thinking here.

I don't get why the lack of reserves league is the main excuse here. Arrange a game against Grimsby Borough, Barton, Brigg, Cleethorpes, loads of teams locally that would play us surely...supplement the lineup with youth players if needs be. Do whatever you can to get some minutes into the Grant, Wright and Scannell. If they aren't capable of playing they need to have their contracts terminated. We've been crying out for other options out wide and for a proper #9 all season and we've got three senior players all on decent wages I'd imagine that have amassed a total of 119 minutes in the league (107 of them being Wright's) between the them. We're dropping so many points in close matches some of which would almost certainly be avoided with other attacking options. We've lost 5 games by single goal margins and drawn 3. Carrying all three of these players could well end up costing us a playoff spot. For me, Wright has at least delivered in the time he's come on the pitch so keep him and bin the other two off.

The new owners keep talking about wanting to build a squad for the future and the desire to focus on permanent signings. That works on ins and outs surely? We should be looking at anyone we definitely don't want in next year's squad and getting those replaced in this window.

I'll reiterate, 12 minutes of football in the league from Scannell and Grant combined. Two of our top earners I'd imagine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
Poojah
January 12, 2022, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Apart from coming on as substitute last night and against Kiddy in the cup.  

Grant was definitely on the pitch last night, but not sure his 15 minute cameo constitutes having “played”. Genuine question, did he touch the ball or even get within 5 yards of it?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
TwoLeftFeet
January 12, 2022, 11:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,065
Gold Stars: 18
Watching the reserves last week albeit against a very young opposition thought Scannell looked fitter than Grant was surprised to see him involved last night.

Both have been a waste of wages and along with Rose we've certainly not had value for money.. recruitment is key.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
Tinymariner
January 12, 2022, 12:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Brilliant, we are losing our loan players and now 'fans' decide to slag off the players that remain! We have no idea why they are not getting the chances to play, that is down to PH. Lets leave him to it, he knows why and I am sure he has his reasons.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grant/Scannel

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.