Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for tomorrow (if no new arrivals)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 249 Guests

Team for tomorrow (if no new arrivals)

This thread currently has 2,004 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lee65
January 10, 2022, 4:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I guess it's too late now to register potential new arrivals anyway?

So from my understanding of what we have available, and with a 4411 formation;

Crocombe

Efete
Waterfall
Pearson
Crookes

Maguire-Drew
Fox
Clifton
Sousa

McAtee

Taylor

Subs: 4 out of these 5/6 Coke or Spokes (is he in the building?), Longe-King, Wright, Scannell, Revan

Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
January 10, 2022, 5:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,354
Gold Stars: 143
I still think that's a strong 11 for this division! For me I'd play 4231. Mcatee behind Taylor with the wingers supporting out wide.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Poojah
January 10, 2022, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from lukeo
I still think that's a strong 11 for this division! For me I'd play 4231. Mcatee behind Taylor with the wingers supporting out wide.

I think that’s bang on the money to be honest.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
quebec38
January 10, 2022, 5:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Can’t argue with that side. Whatever you do with the middle of midfield I can’t help but feel it’s just lacking something whether Hunt was there or not, but McAtee is so good and makes so much difference that he can hide some of that.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Limerick Mariner
January 11, 2022, 12:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

I think that’s bang on the money to be honest.

Yep agree - and unless new arrivals change things radically I think it's our best shape going forward. To strengthen this shape I'd have a replacement for Fox - a good distributor with Clifton really putting himself about breaking up the opposition possession.

Be great if this new player was a strong tackler, had a great dead ball strike, really good in the air and a fantastic motivator in training and on the pitch.

Also be nice if he could do thousands of keepie-ups to entertain the crowd in the warm-up before KO, and has great voice and can play guitar like Jimi Hendrix to entertain the sponsors in the Alan Buckley lounge apres match...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
ska face
January 11, 2022, 12:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
Whoever’s playing needs to deal with, or nobble, Green in the midfield for them. Impressive last week, kind of player we need in the middle.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Jarmo.Is.God
January 11, 2022, 12:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
If Scannell Is fit, he needs to start, and prove his worth.

IMO, when fit, he's too good for this league, and when he actually played last season, he looked a good player!

Him feeding McAtee & Taylor is something that's actually worth getting excited about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Poojah
January 11, 2022, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
If Scannell Is fit, he needs to start, and prove his worth.

IMO, when fit, he's too good for this league, and when he actually played last season, he looked a good player!

Him feeding McAtee & Taylor is something that's actually worth getting excited about

Not that I massively disagree or anything, but he hasn't managed more than 20 appearances in a season since 15/16 (the year we were promoted for context), albeit that season he made 29 appearances in the Championship. The talent may be there but there are clearly issues somewhere, sadly.

Would be great if he were to act as some sort of 'new signing' for the second half of the season, but I'm not hopeful.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Zmariner
January 11, 2022, 12:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from lukeo

If I had a reservation about that 11 it would be the lack of pace in it. Although Halifax did not offer a lot going forward I thought that waterfall was edgy against the smaller more mobile forward. He is much happier against the big guy. I think this game is precarious for us tonight and after making a very bold three nil prediction for us to win I have badly lost confidence
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
ska face
January 11, 2022, 1:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
Waterfall managed to catch Waters twice despite him having a 3/4-yard head start. He might be small but I was surprised by how slow he was.

Think the back 4 may end up sat slightly deeper when attacking tonight because at least twice we got caught by balls played long from their right back over the top - we’d have been in trouble with a quicker attacker. Whether that means we end up stretched is to be seen, with presumably Clifton & Fox having to cover more ground. Unless he goes with Coke in a midfield 3 to sit in front & try and win second balls.

Who knows. Be glad to see a match.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for tomorrow (if no new arrivals)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.