Son of Cod
January 6, 2022, 12:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Ipswin

I like him very much, great on the ball and creates stuff  but lacking his share of end result, gets his share of scoring opportunities but seems to miss out when in sight of goal for some reason Confidence perhaps?

Sounded very much like that's just how he was for Darlo too. Wasn't "he'll entertain and frustrate in equal measure" the quote from Andy the Darlo fan when he signed? I found it interesting that Hurst in his Halifax post-match said that Sousa "did what he does, he  brought the ball forward" or something similar. It's almost as if he's there to earn us a bit of yardage up the pitch and that any end product is a bonus. He's at his most dangerous for me when gets to the byline and cuts it back. I think it's a composure problem as opposed to confidence as he's shown that he does have composure at times, so hopefully we'll see a bit more consistency from him. I agree he's great when he's flying, but there's not much middle ground. When he isn't in the game, he's totally anonymous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
headingly_mariner
January 6, 2022, 1:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face
Sousa is the first player for years I actually enjoy watching, probably since Hearn found his feet. Always exciting and looks to do something positive, even if the end product is lacking. Hope Hurst ties him down in Jan.

I was amazed he came off on Monday (I know Hurst said he’d been unwell a couple of times and wasn’t fit).

On another day he’d have been involved in 2 or 3 goals. He makes that many positive runs with the ball that his end product is bound to hit the mark at some point. As well is McCatee we really play much better with him in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
ska face
January 6, 2022, 3:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from Les Brechin

Any specific reason for that Ska?

I think the way he handled the Henderson situation was outrageous, could you imagine if that was any other senior player replaced by a promising Man Utd player involved with the England set up?

On more than one occasion he’s had to be restrained from confronting fans after a bit of criticism, once after he literally handed Altrincham a winner. That one where he just rolled the ball into his own net - Carlisle at home? - he decided to publicly address it but rather than hold his hands up, just turned around and said “well if you watch me for 10 seasons you’ll see a lot of mistakes”. Poor standards.

Can’t really blame him for looking out his own interests, but think it was a bit cynical and took advantage of Jolley’s inexperience and the club’s position to get a 3-year deal (and testimonial) in 2019. Well negotiated you could argue, but doesn’t sit right with me.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights v Halifax

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.