TinklerMan
January 6, 2022, 5:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from DaleH
A splendid podcast to listen to, that is very enlightening and also so positive. I truly hope that it inspires everyone else, in the same way that it does me, that our club is in great hands.

I am very grateful to Jason for his kind words on the podcast, regarding me, my involvement with the women's team since I launched the idea with the help of the club three years ago, and his disappointment regarding my resignation.

I am also grateful to those that have expressed concern regarding my resignation, and that it hasn't been announced on the clubs official website or social media streams. It means a lot to know that people do care. Whether that is care for my well-being, or care for women's football in general at the club  I hope that Jason's explanation in the podcast, explaining that the women's team is owned by the Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust (Community Department), and not GTFC, goes some way to explaining why the club wasn't in a position to announce my resignation. This was a matter for the Community Trust to deal with as it saw fit.

Finally, I can assure you that my resignation was in no part as a result of a fall out with anyone at Grimsby Town Football Club. The relationship there is still solid, and I continue to support the club as a fan and lifelong Trust member, and I am very excited about the future for our football club. Furthermore, in respect of the women's team operating under the Community Department, I have immense respect for every player that I worked with during three seasons. They are superb people, and I hope that their efforts on the pitch results in further success, and that women's football in Grimsby can go from strength to strength.

Best wishes and regards

Dale

#UTM

I am grateful to you for sharing a bit of information Dale, although I sort of feel you are holding back and not saying what you really would like to say, perhaps out of a sense of pride and remaining dignified.

I’m also puzzled a little bit by Jason when he mentions that it’s something for the community department to deal with as the women’s team is owned by them. Puzzled because up until your departure the Grimsby Town FC website and social network accounts did appear to be reporting every single thing about the women’s team. From results and match reports, through to announcing new signings. So I think the very least that should have happened, was that an article should have been published acknowledging your resignation and thanking you for your hard work.

From listening to what Jason said about the community department being a separate concern, and reading that you are on good terms with Jason, players and GTFC, reading between the lines it sort of sounds like you weren’t happy with the community trust? Or that something had occurred. Is that a fair assumption Dale?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
ska face
January 6, 2022, 5:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,343
Gold Stars: 824
Maybe he got fed up of mithering bástards sticking their oar in when they’re not really bothered, just trying to stir?
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
jamesgtfc
January 6, 2022, 7:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from chaos33

What’s PIF, and what article did you read?

Public Investment Fund who own Newcastle. The article I referenced is here: [url]https://www.nationalworld.com/lifestyle/money/who-is-the-richest-football-club-owner-in-the-world-net-worth-of-newcastle-united-owners-after-2021-takeover-3412782[/url]

Not sure how accurate the figures are but that really doesn't matter for the point I was making in jest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
DaleH
January 7, 2022, 9:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +790
Gold Stars: 166
Quoted from TinklerMan

I am grateful to you for sharing a bit of information Dale, although I sort of feel you are holding back and not saying what you really would like to say, perhaps out of a sense of pride and remaining dignified.

I’m also puzzled a little bit by Jason when he mentions that it’s something for the community department to deal with as the women’s team is owned by them. Puzzled because up until your departure the Grimsby Town FC website and social network accounts did appear to be reporting every single thing about the women’s team. From results and match reports, through to announcing new signings. So I think the very least that should have happened, was that an article should have been published acknowledging your resignation and thanking you for your hard work.

From listening to what Jason said about the community department being a separate concern, and reading that you are on good terms with Jason, players and GTFC, reading between the lines it sort of sounds like you weren’t happy with the community trust? Or that something had occurred. Is that a fair assumption Dale?

I haven't got anything further to say on the reason that I left. Hey look, I have a daughter playing in the women's team, and lots of good friends there too. So I am absolutely right behind supporting the team and wanting them to do well for themselves and for the club. I shall certainly be cheering them on as a spectator as much as I am able to.

In terms of the club not putting anything out regarding my resignation, as Jason has said, that is very much a matter for GTSET to decide on. As is anything else news-wise in terms of women's team activity.

GTSET is obviously close to the GTFC communication people like Sam, and Dale Ladson before him, and so its up to GTSET to forward them any news on the women's team as they see fit. When I was manager of the team, I put a lot of effort into working alongside GTFC to get as much women's team coverage as we could, because I felt it was important to keep supporters informed about the great achievements and any interesting news. Important because as someone that was championing the growth of the women's game, I wanted to build the profile and the interest in the fan base, and I genuinely feel that the girls' deserved the coverage too. Why shouldn't they enjoy being in the spotlight a little, its nice for them, and it is what every other club seems to do. And to the credit of the GTFC publicity people, and the photography team too, they were always so helpful and supportive to me and the players, and by the way, often in their own time on a volunteer basis. Great people. A great example of this would be people like Dale Ladson or Anne Boyers or Lee Blease or Darren Clay. In addition to their paid roles of travelling all over with the men's team plus their Monday - Friday stuff, they would also give up their own time to be at our games on Sunday's, to support us with publicity. That is fantastic really isn't it.

I am sure that someone at GTSET will pick up on PR things where I left off. It's up to them now to build on the success and to pull in the resources to keep things moving forward positively. My time is done, and so perhaps we best leave it at that.

Nice to chat though.

All the best

Dale

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
coddy60
January 7, 2022, 7:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from DaleH

Thank you James for your kind words and appreciation.

Not sure what you mean by "outed myself". I was a member of the Fishy for many years as a fan, prior to becoming the manager of the women's team. I merely came away from being on this message board, as the club didn't think it was appropriate for a manager to be on here, and I tended to agree with them on that if I am honest. I did maintain my Twitter account activity though. I will dip in here now and then, as I do find the Fishy quite entertaining and enjoyable, and its always nice to have a chat with fellow supporters,

There are no minimum requirements for venue at the level the women's team plays at presently. So, as long as there is a decent pitch, and changing facilities, teams can play at Tier 6 in the women's pyramid.

We did of course play games initially on the Academy's pitch at Oasis Academy School. It's a decent pitch and I was always extremely grateful to the guys at the Academy for allowing us to use this. But it did have its downsides too. For instance, the Academy are not in a league so to speak, and their fixtures are development games. So, in the event that the weather was poor, they would cancel their own fixtures to give priority to protecting the pitch. Even though a league referee might probably deem the condition of the pitch still playable. But we had to respect the wishes of the Academy when they didn't want games on a wet pitch. It's not something that happened too regularly, but it was always a bit of a bind and a worry during the week leading up to games.

I'd add to this, that with most general open playing field type venues, it also meant management having to pitch up and start setting up pitches, goals/nets and rope barriers etc. Hey don't get me wrong, I am  not above my station in not being willing to do this type of thing, but we was essentially a manager/coach set up of 2 people in the main, and I was there to manage and coach football matches.

But I guess also, I wanted something a bit more for the women's team and its supporters. Something by way of a nice small ground, with club house facilities for supporters and players, covered spectator areas etc. Something that was more conducive to a nice matchday experience, especially as many of the opposition teams have this. I certainly wasn't bitter towards the club regarding any of these frustrations though. I knew exactly what the situation was in terms of facilities in Grimsby when I launched the women's football project and took on the role. It was just a case of being patient for better things to come in the future, and in the meantime, doing the best I could for the players and supporters, with what was available not too far out of Grimsby.

Please understand though, none of this is the reason why I resigned. Why would it be? I achieved what I wanted for the players and supporters for the time being, and until something better facility wise  was available in Grimsby.

Could have sworn this was a GTFC forum, I count this as non football and beg it is removed appropriately
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
tarka
January 7, 2022, 8:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +891
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from coddy60

Could have sworn this was a GTFC forum, I count this as non football and beg it is removed appropriately

Nice bit of trolling that. Now sling your hook.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
Fillipe Noche
January 7, 2022, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from coddy60

Not needed. Jog on please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Fillipe Noche
January 7, 2022, 10:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DaleH
A splendid podcast to listen to, that is very enlightening and also so positive. I truly hope that it inspires everyone else, in the same way that it does me, that our club is in great hands.

I am very grateful to Jason for his kind words on the podcast, regarding me, my involvement with the women's team since I launched the idea with the help of the club three years ago, and his disappointment regarding my resignation.

I am also grateful to those that have expressed concern regarding my resignation, and that it hasn't been announced on the clubs official website or social media streams. It means a lot to know that people do care. Whether that is care for my well-being, or care for women's football in general at the club  I hope that Jason's explanation in the podcast, explaining that the women's team is owned by the Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust (Community Department), and not GTFC, goes some way to explaining why the club wasn't in a position to announce my resignation. This was a matter for the Community Trust to deal with as it saw fit.

Finally, I can assure you that my resignation was in no part as a result of a fall out with anyone at Grimsby Town Football Club. The relationship there is still solid, and I continue to support the club as a fan and lifelong Trust member, and I am very excited about the future for our football club. Furthermore, in respect of the women's team operating under the Community Department, I have immense respect for every player that I worked with during three seasons. They are superb people, and I hope that their efforts on the pitch results in further success, and that women's football in Grimsby can go from strength to strength.

Best wishes and regards

Dale

#UTM

You did a super job Dale and achieved so much in such a short time, starting with nothing. You was also a good ambassador for the club. I am sure you have personal reasons for leaving, and I respect your wish to keep your council. That says a great deal about the quality of the person you appear to be.

Best of luck with whatever it is you go onto.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 7, 2022, 10:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

You did a super job Dale and achieved so much in such a short time, starting with nothing. You was also a good ambassador for the club.  

“Ambassador, with this Ferrero Noche you are really trolling us”

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4P-nZZkQqTc[/url]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DN35 Jason, Andrew and Debbie Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.