2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
It Bites
January 4, 2022, 8:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
As Fillipe has not been banned I'm assuming it's a free for all now . Free speech at its raw best . Brilliant
Private Message
jamesgtfc
January 4, 2022, 8:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,816
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from It Bites
As Fillipe has not been banned I'm assuming it's a free for all now . Free speech at its raw best . Brilliant

We were told he was banned so how exactly is he back? It's not even a new account. Mods care to explain? His ban was well supported.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
pen penfras
January 4, 2022, 8:15am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We were told he was banned so how exactly is he back? It's not even a new account. Mods care to explain? His ban was well supported.

Just because you don't like his opinions doesn't mean he should be banned.

He said something potentially libelous about somebody at the club, which a lot of people still posting on here have done at some point. The post was removed and he's obviously had a warning. I think that's fair enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 4, 2022, 8:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
What have I missed 🍿 🥤 🛋

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
lukeo
January 4, 2022, 8:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
I don't tend to read who's writing what but I'm getting a bit bored of him and a certain other defending eachothers actions. I don't care who posts and who doesn't, I tend to ignore certain posts but if he's been unbanned people should be made aware, especially with the hastle that comes with this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2022, 8:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from lukeo
I don't tend to read who's writing what but I'm getting a bit bored of him and a certain other defending eachothers actions. I don't care who posts and who doesn't, I tend to ignore certain posts but if he's been unbanned people should be made aware, especially with the hastle that comes with this one.

It’s all pantomime on here luke don’t take it to seriously and if phill keeps popping at Debbie like I assume he did let her take the appropriate action
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
jamesgtfc
January 4, 2022, 8:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,816
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from pen penfras

Just because you don't like his opinions doesn't mean he should be banned.

He said something potentially libelous about somebody at the club, which a lot of people still posting on here have done at some point. The post was removed and he's obviously had a warning. I think that's fair enough.

I think there is a huge difference between a user that has good intentions getting carried away one night and a user that is purely here to wind people up.

Debate is healthy, I get that but Fillipe isn't here for debate, they are here with an agenda either as a disgruntled former employee/director is my guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
darren9
January 4, 2022, 9:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

It’s all pantomime on here luke don’t take it to seriously and if phill keeps popping at Debbie like I assume he did let her take the appropriate action

Oh no it isn't!

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Davec
January 4, 2022, 9:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I do think we need an explanation from the mods, we were all led to believe he had been banned and it even mentioned on twitter by somebody I believe to be mod that he had been banned but yet all of a sudden he isn't! Has he apologised to Debbie? If he says he has can he provide evidence to support his claim that he has apologised or are we just taking his word for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2022, 9:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from darren9

Oh no it isn't!

Oh yes it is 😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
GrimRob
January 4, 2022, 9:33am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
He was banned for a few days to give me chance to catch up with him and verify he was contactable, we do say in the forum rules that we will warn posters before an outright ban. I have been in contact with him, so I am satisfied that I will be able to do so in future. The vast majority of his posts there has been no issue with, but if there is I have contact details. That's preferable to him returning in another guise, which if he was determined to he would be able to do. We don't want to ban anyone just because their views don't align with the majority otherwise we'll end up with a back-slapping echo chamber.

On this point. please could everyone check that their email address in the Member Centre is up to date? Many people registered several years ago and I know that some will not be up to date.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 12
DB
January 4, 2022, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,881
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from GrimRob
He was banned for a few days to give me chance to catch up with him and verify he was contactable, we do say in the forum rules that we will warn posters before an outright ban. I have been in contact with him, so I am satisfied that I will be able to do so in future. The vast majority of his posts there has been no issue with, but if there is I have contact details. That's preferable to him returning in another guise, which if he was determined to he would be able to do. We don't want to ban anyone just because their views don't align with the majority otherwise we'll end up with a back-slapping echo chamber.

On this point. please could everyone check that their email address in the Member Centre is up to date? Many people registered several years ago and I know that some will not be up to date.

Star man. Thank you for your explanation as it puts things into perspective. Yes my email is up to date and correct.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
acko338
January 4, 2022, 1:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Same e mail for me for years !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's a free for all

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.