This thread currently has 2,141 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 4, 2022, 9:33am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
He was banned for a few days to give me chance to catch up with him and verify he was contactable, we do say in the forum rules that we will warn posters before an outright ban. I have been in contact with him, so I am satisfied that I will be able to do so in future. The vast majority of his posts there has been no issue with, but if there is I have contact details. That's preferable to him returning in another guise, which if he was determined to he would be able to do. We don't want to ban anyone just because their views don't align with the majority otherwise we'll end up with a back-slapping echo chamber.

On this point. please could everyone check that their email address in the Member Centre is up to date? Many people registered several years ago and I know that some will not be up to date.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 12
DB
January 4, 2022, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,973
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from GrimRob
He was banned for a few days to give me chance to catch up with him and verify he was contactable, we do say in the forum rules that we will warn posters before an outright ban. I have been in contact with him, so I am satisfied that I will be able to do so in future. The vast majority of his posts there has been no issue with, but if there is I have contact details. That's preferable to him returning in another guise, which if he was determined to he would be able to do. We don't want to ban anyone just because their views don't align with the majority otherwise we'll end up with a back-slapping echo chamber.

On this point. please could everyone check that their email address in the Member Centre is up to date? Many people registered several years ago and I know that some will not be up to date.

Star man. Thank you for your explanation as it puts things into perspective. Yes my email is up to date and correct.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
acko338
January 4, 2022, 1:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Same e mail for me for years !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's a free for all

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.