3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
January 3, 2022, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
By my count, Max has played 125 minutes this season, less than a game and a half. And over a third of those minutes came in that collectively poor performance at Wealdstone.  

Despite that, he has a goal, two assists and an assist assist to his name. Watching this afternoon’s goal back, you cannot understate just how good that cross was - it simply dropped on Maguire-Drew’s head. Genuine, indisputable class.

It’s a massive cliche I know, but if he can keep himself fit in the second half of the season he really would be like a new signing. That’s a big ‘if’ of course, but that should be his sole focus now. His quality simply isn’t in doubt.

We may still be 10th, and may still have only won 1 in 10, but I feel much more optimistic this evening than I did just a matter of hours ago.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
HertsGTFC
January 3, 2022, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Poojah
By my count, Max has played 125 minutes this season, less than a game and a half. And over a third of those minutes came in that collectively poor performance at Wealdstone.  

Despite that, he has a goal, two assists and an assist assist to his name. Watching this afternoon’s goal back, you cannot understate just how good that cross was - it simply dropped on Maguire-Drew’s head. Genuine, indisputable class.

It’s a massive cliche I know, but if he can keep himself fit in the second half of the season he really would be like a new signing. That’s a big ‘if’ of course, but that should be his sole focus now. His quality simply isn’t in doubt.

We may still be 10th, and may still have only won 1 in 10, but I feel much more optimistic this evening than I did just a matter of hours ago.

I mentioned it on another thread/platform but at the end we had some really decent young talent on the pitch. Similar to Scannel getting Max fit and available for a dozen or more games if not longer would add real value.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
Zmariner
January 3, 2022, 10:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
I also felt that there was some optimism today. We were agressive and if we had lost would have had applause from me. I can live with losing but I expect us to have a real go in a home game and we did.
I want to see us follow up with a couple of decent performances. I want to see stability and Hurst come good and I hope that today is a catalyst for that. It felt like it could be a turning point and the players were playing for the management that was clear utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 4, 2022, 8:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Zmariner
I also felt that there was some optimism today. We were agressive and if we had lost would have had applause from me. I can live with losing but I expect us to have a real go in a home game and we did.
I want to see us follow up with a couple of decent performances. I want to see stability and Hurst come good and I hope that today is a catalyst for that. It felt like it could be a turning point and the players were playing for the management that was clear utm

Chris hargreaves said as much pre-match that ‘as long as players make the effort and put the shift in, then we are more fore giving’ or something like that

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2022, 8:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Max wouldn’t be with us if he could stay fit he’s far to good for this level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
January 4, 2022, 8:53am
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

An 'assist assist'?

Reply: 5 - 24
Poojah
January 4, 2022, 9:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from 123614

An 'assist assist'?

Yeah, why not?

Weymouth game, first match of the season. Plays it to Lennie, who plays it to McAtee, who sticks it in the back of the net.

What’s tenuous about that?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
Southwark Mariner
January 4, 2022, 9:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
I thought an assist assist was called football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 4, 2022, 10:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah

Yeah, why not?

Weymouth game, first match of the season. Plays it to Lennie, who plays it to McAtee, who sticks it in the back of the net.

What’s tenuous about that?

I think the correct parlance is a ‘hockey assist’, where you assist the assister.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
acko338
January 4, 2022, 12:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Save Max as an impact sub rather than hurting him as a 90 minutes player that could injure him again !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Wright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.