Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from forza ivano
Anyone got a link to
a) Jason's interview
and
b) Filipe's apology for the unfounded allegations made in his deleted post?

A. Look at JT on Twitter
B. No.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
arryarryarry
January 3, 2022, 10:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from BenBB

Being on TV + people isolating due to COVID wouldn't have anything to do with this would it?

I would counter that by saying New Years Day bank holiday, no home game for a while, one would expect a much bigger crowd.

I would add that it wasn't a surprise to me that the crowd would be lower considering the run we have been on.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Poojah
January 3, 2022, 10:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,401
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Haha. To be honest, I was quite shocked how many STs near us were missing today.

I’m a ST holder and I missed my second home game of the season today, the other being Southend because I was working US west coast hours at the time (oh the joys of the post-Covid world).

It’s a 160 mile round trip for me, which I usually tie in with bringing the wife and kids to see family. With the kids back and school tomorrow and needing to catch-up on ignored festive period emails, I elected to watch on telly instead.

Would I have made more of an effort and been prepared to take more ear ache from the missus had we still been pushing hard at the top of the table? Or if it hadn’t been on telly? Honest answer; probably. But all of those factors play a part.

There’s always a balance to be had between football, family and work. It’s only natural that we push the limits further for the former when all is rosy.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 3, 2022, 11:30pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +828
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from MuddyWaters

May well have done. Just pointing out a fact. There was still a decent turnout for Southend which was also televised.

The Southend attendance was boosted by Youngs giving away hundreds of free tickets though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
Rodley Mariner
January 3, 2022, 11:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,237
Gold Stars: 176
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Green27
January 3, 2022, 11:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I alluded to this at the time it happened. If you are out there as a club owner on Social Network, you are going to get criticised when you say certain things.

I think it was his view on the game if I recall correctly.

Things are great when things are going well. But owners will be a target when things aren’t. Sadly that’s how it often goes

If it was me that was an owner, I think I’d keep a low profile. But each to their own I suppose

On the whole, I think he comes across very well in interviews though

Who flipping let you back on here?

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
crusty ole pie
January 4, 2022, 12:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,333
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Cheers Rodley any links to the recent Debbie cook interview?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
ska face
January 4, 2022, 7:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,514
Gold Stars: 831
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I alluded to this at the time it happened. If you are out there as a club owner on Social Network, you are going to get criticised when you say certain things.

I think it was his view on the game if I recall correctly.

Things are great when things are going well. But owners will be a target when things aren’t. Sadly that’s how it often goes

If it was me that was an owner, I think I’d keep a low profile. But each to their own I suppose

On the whole, I think he comes across very well in interviews though

Thought he was banned?

Rob’s not had another phone call has he?
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
ska face
January 4, 2022, 10:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,514
Gold Stars: 831
Anyway, enjoyed the interview, Stockwood speaks well as usual.

I do get the hump with Tondeur effectively painting the fans as unrealistic, impatient and always just on the club’s case for more money/players when it’s him & Humberside who ask Hurst every single interview, without fail, if he’s going to sign another striker. Tondeur alludes to it nearly every match and I think it was after Chesterfield, just bluntly said to Hurst that he needed a new forward, or something to that effect.

It’s the same in the Telegraph, making snide comments then hiding behind “some fans are asking…”. Think I’ve heard Hurst on 4 or 5 occasions now explain to Tondeur & mates that it’s not *that* simple, but they keep it up. So to then act like they’re nothing to do with the problem & point the finger at these “certain sections” of the fanbase is a bit galling.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2022, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from ska face
Anyway, enjoyed the interview, Stockwood speaks well as usual.

I do get the hump with Tondeur effectively painting the fans as unrealistic, impatient and always just on the club’s case for more money/players when it’s him & Humberside who ask Hurst every single interview, without fail, if he’s going to sign another striker. Tondeur alludes to it nearly every match and I think it was after Chesterfield, just bluntly said to Hurst that he needed a new forward, or something to that effect.

It’s the same in the Telegraph, making snide comments then hiding behind “some fans are asking…”. Think I’ve heard Hurst on 4 or 5 occasions now explain to Tondeur & mates that it’s not *that* simple, but they keep it up. So to then act like they’re nothing to do with the problem & point the finger at these “certain sections” of the fanbase is a bit galling.

I don’t think our fans are any more or less unrealistic than those of other clubs. If anything, we’re more passionate so our expectation levels do get out of kilter but I’m pretty sure that Jason and Andrew understand that without JT’s input.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockwood Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.