4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ska face
January 4, 2022, 10:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 838
I want to see the handball incident after we hit the bar & it bounced out for their left back to then shovel it away with his hand. Never seen a clearer handball from my seat in the Lower Findus & everyone around us appeared to feel the same.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
TownSNAFU5
January 4, 2022, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,850
Gold Stars: 42
You get a different perspective watching on BT.  Replays and commentators views.  They agreed that there should be at least one pen for us.  The other was not conclusive. In my view anyway.

They thought there was a foul on Efete (which was given).  I agree with a comment above that it did look like a foul. 2 of our players could have been treated more severely for cards by another ref.

The ref was very poor.  We need to get use to this.  At Braintree we got a pen for holding.  In a far more important game.  Some you get some you don’t.  

In the playoff final against Bristol Rovers the ref said that he did not send off their keeper early on as it would have spoilt the game.  We were furious.  A similar thing happened when Mane was not sent off after 10 seconds against Chelsea this week.  A clear red card.  

We are not the only victims of very poor refereeing.  However, we do benefit sometimes as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
Simon
January 4, 2022, 12:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from LH
Never seen a ref get ironic cheers so often in a match. They usually realise the errors of their ways after the first couple of times.

Agree the ref was shocking but the cheer from those in the lower in the 81st minute when the lino put has flag up tells you how bad he was, wonder what they think when they watch that back?

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
ginnywings
January 4, 2022, 12:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
You get a different perspective watching on BT.  Replays and commentators views.  They agreed that there should be at least one pen for us.  The other was not conclusive. In my view anyway.

They thought there was a foul on Efete (which was given).  I agree with a comment above that it did look like a foul. 2 of our players could have been treated more severely for cards by another ref.

The ref was very poor.  We need to get use to this.  At Braintree we got a pen for holding.  In a far more important game.  Some you get some you don’t.  

In the playoff final against Bristol Rovers the ref said that he did not send off their keeper early on as it would have spoilt the game.  We were furious.  A similar thing happened when Mane was not sent off after 10 seconds against Chelsea this week.  A clear red card.  

We are not the only victims of very poor refereeing.  However, we do benefit sometimes as well.

That was a point I made. We had enough good situations to negate the ref's decisions and take the doubt away by scoring goals when we had the chances.

We have won and lost games this season with a poor ref in charge, but it's very rare you get a good one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.